Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Suggestion Box
02-10-2012, 04:23 PM
RE: The Suggestion Box
I love the idea of the suggestion box for if/when the BnG gets an upgrade....a place where we can post our list of wants in our perfect Bubba-world! No expectations whatsoever, but, here's my list (in no particular order):

- A live chatroom
- A map showing an approximate locale for the Grillers - optional of course!
- Maybe an archive room where really old posts can go to rest?

That's about it...I too think this is an awesome place and all the admins are doing a bang-up job with it! Thank you!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 02:07 AM
(02-10-2012 04:23 PM)debskis Wrote:  I love the idea of the suggestion box for if/when the BnG gets an upgrade....a place where we can post our list of wants in our perfect Bubba-world! No expectations whatsoever, but, here's my list (in no particular order):

- A live chatroom
- A map showing an approximate locale for the Grillers - optional of course!
- Maybe an archive room where really old posts can go to rest?

That's about it...I too think this is an awesome place and all the admins are doing a bang-up job with it! Thank you!

Those are good suggestions. I know a chat room would be a lot of fun. Big Grin

As mentioned by another Mod, I haven't had this problem since my halo was reinforced. I use Firefox so it may be that they fixed the problem through their latest upgrade. No idea. But it is odd that it comes and goes... Huh

I love the idea of a suggestion box, Hardware. Thanks!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
02-11-2012, 09:15 AM
(02-11-2012 02:07 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  But it is odd that it comes and goes... Huh

I don't know about other folks, but the problem didn't come and go for me.
I just stopped talking about it because nobody seemed to have a fix. Confused
And I understand Ray's find was just another work around, but, it workedfor me, and hopefully it will stay working till the big fix comes...

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
02-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Deb, the map idea is cool.

I don't mind hitting "new reply" to see all of the most recent posts. It only seems to happen on the busier threads.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2012, 06:17 PM
I thought of something when I couldn't sleep last night.
Just for the B'n'G: Bubba, how about having your updates posted here with you reading them to us????
I know that's a lot to ask, but just how cool would that be.....

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
09-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Here is my suggestion. How about having a YouTube section for Bubbites (fans of Bubbas) who wish to post videos on here? For example:

How to make Nanimo Bars:

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
* 1 cup flaked coconut
* 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds (optional)
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 3 tablespoons heavy cream
* 2 tablespoons custard powder
* 2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate
* 2 teaspoons butter

Directions

1. In the top of a double boiler, combine 1/2 cup butter, white sugar and cocoa powder. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Beat in the egg, stirring until thick, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the graham cracker crumbs, coconut and almonds (if you like). Press into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8 inch pan.
2. For the middle layer, cream together 1/2 cup butter, heavy cream and custard powder until light and fluffy. Mix in the confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over the bottom layer in the pan. Chill to set.
3. While the second layer is chilling, melt the semisweet chocolate and 2 teaspoons butter together in the microwave or over low heat. Spread over the chilled bars. Let the chocolate set before cutting into squares.

But instead of writing it, watch how it's made. Yes, there is a time limit, maybe up to 10 minutes, but watching how to make poutine correctly is a lot better than buying it.