RE: You shouldn't have...!!!
Chapagne, strawberries and stars. Blush

I eat, therefor I am.

2011 Ironman Lake Placid - Finisher
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2012, 08:58 PM
(02-14-2012 07:07 PM)Markus Awreallyus Wrote:  Nettie... I hope the summer trip was over his own stupid ass! Angry
Did I say that?
Heres one for you
Heart
Giggle. That was really good Markus.
thanks!

02-14-2012, 09:02 PM
I just got home from work late. My wife called and said to pick a pizza and some beer. Can't get better than that.
02-14-2012, 09:12 PM
I made my family a heart-shaped meatloaf...one of their favorite meals! That's about as festive as I get!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
02-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Few years into our marriage I was working midnights and worked Christmas Eve. Came home Christmas morning. Gave my husband his gifts. Mind you money was tight he was going to school and I had the only income, but I did get him something. Never guess what I got in return. A big nothing. That was such a wonderful Christmas. Once we had kids I started getting myself something little to wrap to put under the tree just so they wouldn't think Santa forgot me...
02-15-2012, 04:04 AM
My weirdest gifts came from my MIL. She sews and has actually made me some very nice things -- a velvet cape stands out. But I had input on those things so they came out as I liked. Well, now and then, she decides to make me something all on her own. I have a "pantsuit" in a gray and lilac print hanging in the closet that will probably hang there for years. Undecided

Ren Man, BTW, is very good at gifts. He listens well Wink

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
02-15-2012, 09:35 AM
The first gift my hubby ever gave me was a Belgian waffle maker. I thought it was great! Then for my birthday that year, he gave me a blouse that was 6 (SIX!) sizes LARGER than what I wear.....He followed that up with a vintage Rolex, but he never gives me clothing anymore Rolleyes

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
02-15-2012, 11:09 AM
I have no idea what I was thinking, but a few years ago I got Billie a vacuum cleaner for her birthday...yes, I said vacuum cleaner!Confused

She had been complaining for weeks that our old one was too cumbersome, didn't pick stuff up, blah, blah ,blah...so, thinking 'practically', what would be better than a new Bissell?! Of course, she sees the big ol' box all wrapped up and gets all excited, opens it up, and I get..."The Look"!Dodgy Yep, THAT one! She couldn't wait to call all her friends and family and tell them what an idiot I was!Tongue

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
02-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Reading about GW's MIL, reminds me of my own mother's (and even my step-father's) gift-giving practices. After I became a teenager, my mom started buying or making for me clothes that were more her style. I think that she knew that I wouldn't like or wear them. So she'd wait for a few weeks and then "borrow" the item to wear, and then eventually it just wound up in her closet. There is only one time that I can remember her buying me a blouse that I actually liked.

My step-father, after marrying my mother, decided to learn how to sew. He didn't like the style of pants that I wore to work (I worked in a Safeway deli, dealing with fryers and food). They were tapered at the ankle, which was popular at the time. So he made me these pants. They were too small, and the pant legs were too wide. Then he complained that I wasn't wearing them. He also made me a sweater that was too small, and thought that I was ungrateful for not wearing it. To his credit, the one thing that he did make, was a Gore-Tex ski jacket (we did a lot of cross-country skiing back then). I wore that coat everywhere! Loved it! It was Teal!

Scythe's pantsuit story reminded me of one that my grandma made for me when I was little (about 7 or 8). She had found some denim fabric with pictures of peeled and unpeeled bananas all over it, and she made herself a pantsuit out of it (back in the 70's, it was probably more acceptable). So, my grandma made me a denim pantsuit and cut out pictures of these bananas, and stitched them onto this pantsuit. I had a picture of a peeled banana, stitched to the backside of my pants! I could not play on the playground or go anywhere without other kids and other adults pointing and laughing at the banana on my butt!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2012, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2012 01:20 PM by Markus Awreallyus.)
[quote='RN-PRN' pid='32715' dateline='1329284941']
Confused Once we had kids I started getting myself something little to wrap to put under the tree just so they wouldn't think Santa forgot me...

The things we endure. Life is so precious and so cruel at the same time. I could cryExclamation