Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Listening to..(2)
05-12-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: Listening to..(2)
(05-12-2017 12:13 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  That's what worries me. And people saying if they smile then the seal is broken and sound pours in until you re-seat it. There is the baby SE215 which has the same Isolation but not the same sound quality as the 535 which less than £100. It's the same build etc. I could try that and see if I can get on with them. If all good then move up, but £100 down, or risk it and not like them and £350 down.

Yes, with IEM's it takes a leap of faith because they are so spendy and hard to re-sell if you don't like 'em.

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2017, 12:55 AM
Well pulled the trigger on the SE535 IEM. Will let you know how I get on. It looked Adriana Grande (sp?) was wearing some at the Love Manchester memorial concert yesterday.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2017, 10:52 AM
Cool! Let us know.

06-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Fingers crossed. Will report in a couple of weeks.

06-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Well so far I'm having a tonne of difficulties getting the darn things to locate in my ears. I get the right ear done and the left won't fit and then vice versa. Plus the lead could do with extension to reach my monitor and pulls if I move. Sound wise I am not getting the rave reviews I read. My Beyer Dynamic DT (in every studio I have ever worked in) are more comfortable and have a much better sound. So what to do. I wish I had gone for the cheaper option and proved it didn't work for me tbh. I will try again, but maybe they are ok for live work where you get them seated and go on and play, especially where there is no foldback. I can't see the point of the fuss in a recording studio. Quite sad as it was a lot of money.

06-13-2017, 10:44 AM
(06-13-2017 10:38 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Well so far I'm having a tonne of difficulties getting the darn things to locate in my ears. I get the right ear done and the left won't fit and then vice versa. Plus the lead could do with extension to reach my monitor and pulls if I move. Sound wise I am not getting the rave reviews I read. My Beyer Dynamic DT (in every studio I have ever worked in) are more comfortable and have a much better sound. So what to do. I wish I had gone for the cheaper option and proved it didn't work for me tbh. I will try again, but maybe they are ok for live work where you get them seated and go on and play, especially where there is no foldback. I can't see the point of the fuss in a recording studio. Quite sad as it was a lot of money.

Maybe see if there are some tips on-line about getting them to seat properly? (Perhaps similar to how one has to pull the lower ear out slightly when fitting ear plugs?) I sure hope they will work better for you once you try them a few more times.

06-13-2017, 12:49 PM
Good point. It has to be a learning curve problem with me, as I don't see anyone on stage anymore who isn't using In Ear Monitors. I will play around with the various size ear buds too.

06-13-2017, 12:57 PM
(06-13-2017 12:49 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Good point. It has to be a learning curve problem with me, as I don't see anyone on stage anymore who isn't using In Ear Monitors. I will play around with the various size ear buds too.

Yes, keep at it and do try the various sizes of rubber thingies; it can make a big difference with the more mundane ear buds.

09-01-2017, 12:31 PM
Latest ear candy:
The Focus boxed set. So many great tracks are to be found on this well-priced set. I only had a few titles on CD so this is a great set for me.

Otherwise, I saw the "Yestival" show last week...Carl Palmer, Todd Rundgren, and Yes. A good show!

Todd's latest "White Knight" CD is very good too (if you like his EDM-style titles of the last 6-7 years).