Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
what are you playing?
03-05-2012, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 12:42 PM by Mufasa.)
RE: what are you playing?
(03-05-2012 10:46 AM)Markus Awreallyus Wrote:  Nicely done, and a nice tribute to your friend, one can tell he meant a lot to you. Smile Were you referring to the song Can't Find My Way Home? Love that last tune whats that one called? Another day another dollar? Mountain Song?

Blackfoot - "Highway Song". One of my favorites to play due to the changes and dynamics in it.
Yes Markus - it was a reference to "Can't Find My Way Home".
You are one of only a handful of people that saw the connection.

When we first lost David, I did a full tribute to him. Nearly the entire song played in the video. (House of Lords version).
HOL pulls off an absolutely blistering version of the Blind Faith hit. Could not have been done any better IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFsJqEhL64

I still cannot listen to this song without choking up. I suppose that will never go away.
Every moment I spent on stage with David, and all the miles of traveling, and all of the antics the crazy little bastard threw out there. God, I truly do miss him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WlS9AtqG...RO-Dj3VB-2

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2012, 01:21 PM
(03-05-2012 12:41 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Blackfoot - "Highway Song". One of my favorites to play due to the changes and dynamics in it.
Yes Markus - it was a reference to "Can't Find My Way Home".
You are one of only a handful of people that saw the connection.

When we first lost David, I did a full tribute to him. Nearly the entire song played in the video. (House of Lords version).
HOL pulls off an absolutely blistering version of the Blind Faith hit. Could not have been done any better IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFsJqEhL64

I still cannot listen to this song without choking up. I suppose that will never go away.
Every moment I spent on stage with David, and all the miles of traveling, and all of the antics the crazy little bastard threw out there. God, I truly do miss him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WlS9AtqG...RO-Dj3VB-2
we played that a long long time ago, like 25 years. I like the HOL version, when it started I felt the desire to play it again, maybe I'll run it past the guys. The heavy break kicks.
Again, nicely done! He had a good friend indeed!

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
03-28-2012, 04:01 AM
I am able to play, with varying proficiency: Presto, Closer To The Heart, Resist, Bravado, Marathon, Nobody's Hero, High Water, Witch Hunt, Vital Signs, Subdivisions and La Villa (well, most of it). Plus some riffs from a few other songs. Plus a few songs by Tom Petty, Indigo Girls and (one of my favorites ever!) Wish You Were Here. I need to work more on my scales, though. I think the hardest thing is re-arranging some parts to accommodate my small hands. But overall I'm pleased with my progress. Though actually playing in front of anyone is a long way off.....

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
03-28-2012, 06:28 AM
At the moment me and the boys are doing some Gary Moore and Lizzy stuff - so Shapes of Things, Don`t Believe a Word, Back on the Streets, Still in Love with you, Still got the Blues....Having some good fun playing this - (it was / is, to do a remembrance concert for the great Gary Moore, plus throw in some of our stuff off the album). I quite like being Brian Downey.

If possible (and we ever finally manage to do it) I will see about having it filmed and streamed to the Tinterweb........that way (if ya wanted to) you could log on and watch the concert too....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Wow thats quite a handful Scythe, no pun intended, well... kind of!

NWoB, sounds like a blast. I've a friend named Tony from Dublin, straight out of the heart of that era! Many stories. Tirty five years ago he'd say.

We've added One Way Or Another (Blondie) Aaron (singer) likes to sing like a girl...Its a lot of fun!

03-28-2012, 08:11 AM
(03-28-2012 08:04 AM)Markus Awreallyus Wrote:  Wow thats quite a handful Scythe, no pun intended, well... kind of!

NWoB, sounds like a blast. I've a friend named Tony from Dublin, straight out of the heart of that era! Many stories. Tirty five years ago he'd say.

We've added One Way Or Another (Blondie) Aaron (singer) likes to sing like a girl...Its a lot of fun!

Haha Tirty Years ago.....Tin Lizzy was the band for sure.....
03-28-2012, 09:02 AM

Dueling banjos! Jimmy Page style Big Grin

03-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Wow that is beautiful - is it a Gibbo? I am guessing it is. My mate had one, cost the price of a decent family car.......
03-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Epiphone, or as we like to call them an Epiphany! Set up very nice, plays like butter. I have been playing through a Rockman x100 just around the house and recorded a bit to see how it tastes. Finger lickin good! Never had a chance to really play one before. Me likey!

03-28-2012, 12:37 PM
It does look the Mutts N*ts......I sometimes wish I had chosen to play guitar, so I could have a Les Paul, and a double neck........they are so beautifully crafted instruments. I saw a Les Paul in London a few years ago.......yours for £10,000, I don`t know what heritage it had, but that seemed mighty expensive........oh but it was beautiful.......