Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
what are you playing?
11-26-2018, 09:17 AM
RE: what are you playing?
The Police “walking on the moon”. Green channel on 5150 III/ Eventide H9 ModEchoVerb.

Fun!

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2018, 09:22 AM
(11-25-2018 01:58 PM)Sunset Wrote:  If he’s the handy type he probably saved a hefty sum. Unfortunately, I’m the diametric opposite of handy. The joke in the paddock was that if anyone saw me carrying something even remotely resembling a tool they were obliged to knock me to the ground, remove the tool, and strike me repeatedly with it while repeating “no no NO!!!”

A good friend just offered to build my little practice room and take beer as payment. I dunno, the wind is kinda out of my sails on the whole thing.

Hilarious.

I'd go with that deal. Smile

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
11-26-2018, 10:25 PM
I’ll chew on it for a bit. Maybe...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: Loudness “let it go” for some good old fashioned hair metal fun. I don’t think I can handle that solo though, it’s pretty smokin’

11-27-2018, 09:19 AM
(11-26-2018 10:25 PM)Sunset Wrote:  I’ll chew on it for a bit. Maybe...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: Loudness “let it go” for some good old fashioned hair metal fun. I don’t think I can handle that solo though, it’s pretty smokin’

I wasn't familiar with it so I checked it out.
Rockin!

What a great drum sound. The snare alone could propel that song. And yeah, quite a geetar solo.

11-28-2018, 09:34 AM
Munetaka Higuchi was an great drummer who passed 10yrs ago on Nov 30. I believe I’ll raise a glass to the man on Friday. He was a Cozy Powell disciple, which I could seriously relate to because Blackmore’s Rainbow was the very first rock band I became interested in after the short but dark Peaches&Herb era.Blush

To this day I still listen to Ritchie’s stuff from 40yrs ago and think: “wow!”.

11-28-2018, 11:47 AM
(11-28-2018 09:34 AM)Sunset Wrote:  Munetaka Higuchi was an great drummer who passed 10yrs ago on Nov 30. I believe I’ll raise a glass to the man on Friday. He was a Cozy Powell disciple, which I could seriously relate to because Blackmore’s Rainbow was the very first rock band I became interested in after the short but dark Peaches&Herb era.Blush

To this day I still listen to Ritchie’s stuff from 40yrs ago and think: “wow!”.

He really drew my attention when I watched the video.
So sad to lose someone so talented at an early age (to liver cancer).

12-04-2018, 10:02 AM
There are a handful of measures spread out over several tunes that I know I’ve been playing “wrong”, so my mild ocd is forcing me to retroactively revisit these parts and basically go to war until I figure out the “right” way to play them. Kinda satiating, really.

But this morning I awoke to a seriously painful, locked up wrist, so I’m benched until this thing resolves itself.

You know how I know I’m becoming chronologically challenged?Sad

12-12-2018, 05:03 PM
(12-04-2018 10:02 AM)Sunset Wrote:  There are a handful of measures spread out over several tunes that I know I’ve been playing “wrong”, so my mild ocd is forcing me to retroactively revisit these parts and basically go to war until I figure out the “right” way to play them. Kinda satiating, really.

But this morning I awoke to a seriously painful, locked up wrist, so I’m benched until this thing resolves itself.

You know how I know I’m becoming chronologically challenged?Sad

How is the wrist now, Sunset? I sure hope it is better.

And yeah, I like to play stuff correctly, especially when it is something in the classical realm. But even with good old Rock n Roll I like to do things correctly.

12-16-2018, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the kind thoughts.Smile

Wrist is fine, but this borderline fanatical effort to get up to speed and beyond as quickly as possible is causing some musculoskeletal issues I can’t ignore any longer. Spending hours every day looking down at a fret board while learning new tunes has resulted in my inability to ride any more that a couple hours without considerable neck/trapezius pain. With a loooong ride to Deadhorse AK coming up, I’m going to have to cut back on the guitar time.

Dang...

12-17-2018, 11:42 AM
(12-16-2018 07:06 PM)Sunset Wrote:  Thanks for the kind thoughts.Smile

Wrist is fine, but this borderline fanatical effort to get up to speed and beyond as quickly as possible is causing some musculoskeletal issues I can’t ignore any longer. Spending hours every day looking down at a fret board while learning new tunes has resulted in my inability to ride any more that a couple hours without considerable neck/trapezius pain. With a loooong ride to Deadhorse AK coming up, I’m going to have to cut back on the guitar time.

Dang...

I very much understand that. The older I get, the larger the penalty for staying rather static and/or working on a physical skill. Frequent movement is the solution.

The ride sounds GREAT. I hope you will be keeping us updated on that ride. When does it start?