Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
what are you playing?
03-28-2012, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2012 01:56 PM by Rey.)
RE: what are you playing?
As long as were talking guitars here...

Sitting in my office at the computer and glancing to the right, and hanging on the wall:

[Image: DSCF2372b.jpg]

Is my Epiphone Dot 335 in Sunburst. I really like this guitar, it sounds nice, and looks good up there too. Also in the photo, Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill calendar, and the top of one of my beloved Large Advent speakers (makes all the music sound sweet).

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Blimey.....I thought the guitar was a Gretsch at first.....then I noticed the B`n`G Calendar.......so you are using yours then?? I put mine in a drawer - should I be using mine??
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2012, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2012 02:15 PM by Rey.)
It is hanging up but I haven't written anything on it...not sure if I should.

Part of me wants to keep it pristine, and another part of me wants to write all this years plans all through it, so then I can keep the calender and look back on the activities written in, and remember what a fun year that was.

03-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Another epiphany! Like that Rey, what year?

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
03-28-2012, 02:29 PM
I know the feeling........I think things should be used........but, I think I will keep mine prestine in the drawer. That way my great grand kids can go on "antiques road show" (do you get this programme over there? Where people go on TV with their heirlooms, and a bunch of experts value the trove) - you get people with a piece of old A4 with the lyrics to "Hey Jude" written on one side and the Beatles signature on the other, and the valuer will put a price on it....

Occasionally you get some innocent family turn up, and some old painting they have had in the toilet all their lives is worth £75,000, other times you get these snobby gits turn up to have a watch valued (that they know is worth £100,000, or that`s what they think, and they have turned up to show off), and it turns out to be a pretty good replica from the same era - those moments are priceless when the bloke says it is a beautiful replica, which would fetch £500 at auction........haha I am laughing now thinking of them.......
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Rey-your guitar looks like it's levitating! Smile

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
03-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Those are some gorgeous axes, guys! And, yes, NWo, I know we'd love to see you playing!

I have an Epi, too:
[Image: lp3.jpg]

And this is my acoustic:
[Image: P1090050.jpg]

I forgot one on the list... In The End!

My solution to the B&G calendar problem... I bought an extra to hang! Big Grin

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
03-29-2012, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2012 09:26 AM by Rey.)
Hey, what are those, purple pentagram pajamas? And some kind of mystical moon guitar? Looks like someone channeling the devil's music to me. In fact, I'm sure of it. Prepare the stake, light the fires! Burn the witch!

(but seriously...nice guitars by the way)

03-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks.

The guitar is a Luna, hence the moon phases on the fretboard. The pentacle dress is... well.... let's just say that it has a spiritual meaning for me Wink

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
04-16-2012, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2012 02:33 PM by N'awlins.)
Haven't seen anyone else's drumkit on here yet (other than you-know-who's!) so I figured I'd dig around in my photo files, and found this one. It was set up in the garage last summer to make sure I still had all the necessary pieces-parts and to put the new heads on. It's still all wrapped up in the basement,...change of plans on building the new "studio-garage' this year sadly. Tama Rockstars:
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h480...ums045.jpg

Since I've met most of my neighbors now, I think I'll just set them back up in the garage again and pound away!Big Grin

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"