Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what are you playing?
03-26-2018, 08:32 PM
RE: what are you playing?
(03-26-2018 12:28 PM)Nung Wrote:  
(03-23-2018 07:45 AM)Sunset Wrote:  I have a little trouble with early Genesis. I think it's because I once saw a vid of a peter gabriel wearing a red dress and a fox's head during one of their early gigs. That and the whole slipperman thing must have traumatized me deeply.Big Grin

Also, Francine comes home today!

What are you working on?

LOL!
I understand. (I am reading Richard Macphail's great book on genesis by the way.)

As far as my projects, I am--as usual--spread too thin so I am just learning more chords and exercises on bass and guitar while screwing around with my flutes and gu zheng.

Utterly gorgeous instrument in all aspects. Wow...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ujzMHLac404

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2018, 09:18 AM
Indeed. I love the gu zheng for a number of reasons...the lovely, exotic timbre, the pitch bends, the glissandos, and best of all, it is very intuitive for me. It just sort of makes sense to my mind whereas I have to really work at most of the instruments I play.

The Native American flutes are similar. No real work required...just plug and play! Smile

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
04-08-2018, 08:26 AM
I found a super cool flute shop a bit north a Zion nat'l park a few years back and purchased a low end unfinished flute. Love it! Sitting on the back patio noodling and watching the sun set. Good stuff...

In other news, I spent about 30min figuring out Thunder's "Dirty Love" last night. Fun, if not groundbreaking tune. After all the EVH acrobatics I've been engaging in, a simple 1-4-5 feels like my ol comfy slippers.

04-09-2018, 10:48 AM
That shop sounds great. I love walking into shops that have them. I not great but at least I don't hurt people's ears...so when I play the sales person suddenly realizes they will not suffer like when most tourists try to play them.

And yes, after wrestling with a hard piece, other things seem so approachable, don't they?

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
04-09-2018, 01:40 PM
Here's the place http://www.fluteshopmotel.com/index.html

And when you're plumb tuckered out after a long day of flute shopping, you can stagger 30ft and flop in your semi-well appointed accommodations.Big Grin

Kidding aside, it was really a cool shop. The guy was crafting flutes right there. He had value conscious stuff like my flute all the way up to seriously spendy ones made from rare woods with huge, outlandish fetishes.