Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old News
03-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Old News
Forgive me if this is already answered or obvious elsewhere.

Where can I find older, apparently archived "News, Weather & Sports" articles. The current ones frequently reference the past and, as a new NP fan, I would like to read them.

As far as the BnG side of things I enjoy reading the menu and will be sampling some of the hints and recipes.

Keep the rubber side down.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2012, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 02:16 PM by Rey.)
RE: Old News
(03-06-2012 12:42 PM)Flopp Wrote:  Forgive me if this is already answered or obvious elsewhere.

Where can I find older, apparently archived "News, Weather & Sports" articles. The current ones frequently reference the past and, as a new NP fan, I would like to read them.

As far as the BnG side of things I enjoy reading the menu and will be sampling some of the hints and recipes.

Keep the rubber side down.

Hi Flopp! There is an archive of the last year or so right at Neil's main site. When there select "News" at the top, and then "Select a Story" and you will see a selection there.

The stories older than that are now archived in Neil's published book "Far and Away: A Prize Every Time"

Check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/Far-Away-Prize-Eve...1770410589

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
03-06-2012, 06:26 PM
If I may...

I highly recommend that book and every other that the man has written. Among the best I've read in life so far! Worth every penny.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2012, 07:19 PM
(03-06-2012 06:26 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  If I may...

I highly recommend that book and every other that the man has written. Among the best I've read in life so far! Worth every penny.

Ditto. Kept me sane this past year.
03-06-2012, 08:33 PM
(03-06-2012 07:19 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 06:26 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  If I may...

Ditto. Kept me sane this past year.

Tritto. For 2 and a half years, here.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
03-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Do I detect a fan of the 2 wheeled cloth? Confess Flopp - and welcome!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2012, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 12:05 AM by Flopp.)
(03-06-2012 09:27 PM)boomer Wrote:  Do I detect a fan of the 2 wheeled cloth? Confess Flopp - and welcome!

Thanks for all the replies. What actually brought me to this site was the copy of "Far and Away" I bought last Friday. Between the book and this site I am getting my two-wheeled fix while the, hopefully, last of the Great White North's longest season melts away.

I started riding a long time ago but stopped for many years to raise a family. In 2007 I picked up one of the very first F800ST delivered to NA and have loved every minute of it (well not every minute - the early models were fraught with poor design and manufacture) but it is a hoot to ride. BMW certainly lost money on my bike as it has had over $8,000 in warranty work done. With great relief I have had zero problems since the warranty expired. Luckily, I seemed to get all the bugs worked out before the bike's third birthday.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am sure I will be lurking around here for some time to come, sampling the gastronomic and single track tales and advice.

Cheers
03-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Woo hoo! Another rider! Welcome oh, BMW brother! I just got an '11 F800GS and I love the heck out of it. Got it last Aug and it just ticked over 5K miles, but I just started a long road trip.

Enjoy your stay at the Grill! Smile

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member