Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Mrs. Counselor Update
03-07-2012, 03:24 PM
The Mrs. Counselor Update
First, I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. They are and always will be much appreciated. It just did not seem appropriate to post this update in the old thread but I hate to start a new one as it does seem rather self-centered...

I am pleased to report that Mrs. C has returned to her beloved classroom... TODAY! She has cleared all the major treatment hurdles, Chemo, Radiation and Surgery), and will for the next five years at least be on hormone blockers in an attempt to stare the cancer of the food/hormones it feeds off. Though this means no more children, (one is plenty when you work all day in the schools i am finding) we have the family we have and thats just fine.

Next steps... she has an appointment in July with her surgeon to do follow up mammogram etc, but for now, she I guess you would say is cancer free. Part of me hates saying those words as I know there is always a chance... AND I know there are so many who will never be able to say that.

For now, its on with life "as it was", start the seeds for the garden, make the maple syrup, tend the bees, keep the coon away from the chickens, try not to mess up the "little one" too badly... the usual. Thank you again everyone! PLease let me know if there is ever anything we can do...

Cheers!

November is now MOvember. Knowledge is POWER and the Mustache is KING. Support mens Health and my Mustache farm here: http://mobro.co/counselor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2012, 03:39 PM
RE: The Mrs. Counselor Update
Great News Counselor....
That must be such a relief to have that black cloud lifted away..
Congratulations and all the best for the future...
03-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Wow!...that is most excellent news Counselor! Best to you and Mrs. C, and I wouldn't worry about messing up that little one...I'm sure she's well taken care of! Hugs and Cheers to you all!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
03-07-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm glad to hear that you have the "all clear"! Wow, coming back into the classroom at this point is going to be tough, but I'm glad Mrs. Counselor is able to do it.

Just a little side note: mom has been cancer free for 16 years.

03-07-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm so happy for you and Mrs.C. It makes me teary thinking that now you are able to live life on YOUR terms. Blessings to you both Heart

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
03-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Rock ON! Outstanding news - thank you for sharing!!!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Fantastic news!!!

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
03-07-2012, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 09:04 PM by Scythe Matters.)
Wonderful!!!

[Image: n015.gif]

I'll add here that my MIL has been cancer-free for 23 years. It can happen!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
03-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Great news Counselor!!!
03-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Brilliant news!

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....