Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Silver Wedding Anniversary
03-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Silver Wedding Anniversary
I need some help folks. Especially from you ladies. My wife and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary on the 19th, and I need some help coming up with some ideas. I really want to make this special. My wife is probably the most selfless person I have ever known and will give me no hints whatsoever. Please give me some ideas.

Following my morale compass
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 06:49 PM
RE: Silver Wedding Anniversary
It depends. In my house, when all else fails jewelry works. Sometimes its not the size or the cost though. In 2008, our town was flooded out on our anniversary, and we decided rather than some big celebration, we took ourselves to dinner after I spent the whole day filling sandbags and pumping water out of our office.

My mom always says when all else fails just remembering is always a blessing.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2012, 07:54 PM
How about a couples day at a spa. Being pampered is always a good thing. Then a nice dinner and home for.....? Wink

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
03-08-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm with Scythe -- pampering is always excellent. ;-)

That being said, she must have made an offhand comment about something that she'd never had but would love. Could be a spa day, but could also be something more specific (reiki, hot rocks?) that you could share together.

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
03-09-2012, 05:45 AM
A day of pampering at a spa is a nice one...
What's her favourite flower? Incorporate that into the day (you could surprise her with a bouquet somewhere in the day)
Don't know if it could be done in time, but a silver pendant with a little inscription (perhaps even just your wedding date and "I love you" or something...)

How's your hand at desserts? I simply adore it when my husband shoos me out of the kitchen so he can make up a special dessert for me. Heart (Molten chocolate cake and a strawberry compote for Valentine's Day! OMG!)

For Your Dreams to Become Your Reality, Do Not Think "If", Believe in "When".
***I Am A Work In Progress...*** Heart
03-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Maybe a quiet weekend to a B & B or Hotel that you've wanted to check out and see the sights, or things that draw her attraction--art, foods, ? Think of when you two first met and what made her smile and her heart beat that extra beat for you.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
03-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Maybe I'm weird (?) but be careful with the spa day. My husband asked his lady co-workers what to get me for my birthday one year. They told him a gift certificate for a local (So Cal) high end spa. He spent a lot of money. Long story short, we ended up giving the gift certificate to our twin daughters.
I guess I'm not the spa type, but at that time, his co-workers didn't know me. Personally, the Bed and Breakfast with a little side trip to do some exploring sounds right up my alley!
Just my 2 cents....

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
03-10-2012, 02:11 AM
A B&B weekend would be lovely, too.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
03-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Having just done something like this, I am in favor of lots of little tokens of love spread throughout the day over one big "gift". The more surprises you can work into the day the better. It was hard for Mrs C. to miss the message. Could be flowers. Could be poems. Could be lots of little Silver Charms spread throughout the day that are significant to your life together that come together into once nice silver charm bracelet, necklace... I once gave lots of little gift "clues" over several holidays that led unto the real gift, a mothers ring that she got on our anniversary.

November is now MOvember. Knowledge is POWER and the Mustache is KING. Support mens Health and my Mustache farm here: http://mobro.co/counselor
03-10-2012, 09:21 AM
(03-10-2012 08:04 AM)Counselor Wrote:  Having just done something like this, I am in favor of lots of little tokens of love spread throughout the day over one big "gift". The more surprises you can work into the day the better. It was hard for Mrs C. to miss the message. Could be flowers. Could be poems. Could be lots of little Silver Charms spread throughout the day that are significant to your life together that come together into once nice silver charm bracelet, necklace... I once gave lots of little gift "clues" over several holidays that led unto the real gift, a mothers ring that she got on our anniversary.

I like your style!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...