Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thank you all!
03-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Thank you all!
Hello B&Gers.

As many of you know, I am trying to manage a current bout of unemployment and managing a terminally ill parent.

Unemployment continues as does the illness that will shortly take a parent, so not much has changed. However, I am very, very grateful to all those who have been in touch with me privately with good wishes and encouraging words.

It truly means more than I can express here. Thank you all. It means a lot.

OHR

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2012, 10:00 AM
RE: Thank you all!
Hi OHR,

Its good to hear from you again, although the circumstances are difficult for now, I really hope they improve soon for you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey bud. You know we're here whenever you gotta vent off a bit. Just know our prayers are with you and your parents both.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Sorry to hear about the hard times, I hope there are better ahead for you.

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
03-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Heyyyy, I was just thinkin' 'bout you the other night...wondering if all was ok. Undecided
Like Boomer said, we're purty durn good at offering a virtual ear for listening and a collective shoulder for leanin' purposes.
Let us know if there's anything we can do to help! Prayers and positive thoughts headed your way!

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Sorry OHR to hear of the double whammy of caring for an ill loved one and your current employment status. Unfortunately we have also been hit hard north of the 49th with this "Economic Downturn". In the 25 years that I have been with this company, I have never seen it this slow. Brighter days ahead OHR, My thoughts are with you....
03-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Prayers, hugs and a collective salute to you OHR! Here's hoping the winds of change blow some good fortune your way soon!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Big Hugs your way OHR!!! We are always here for you!!! If you ever need a break with a day or weekend away...come spend the weekend with us at the campground across the water from Sarnia anytime after May 1st. You will always be welcome!!!
03-19-2012, 05:10 PM
I'll be next in line behind RN on the ((hugs)). Glad to hear from you, and as said above we are here for you!

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
03-19-2012, 06:58 PM
and I'll be after 2Beers. (((hugs))) to you. The double whammy must have hit hard.