Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chicken breasts
04-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Chicken breasts
What's your preference for putting on the 'que: skin-on/bone-in or just the meat?

I don't mind doing a whole chicken flat (i.e., split down the back), but if I'm just doing breasts (like tonight!), I like 'em naked.

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2012, 12:39 PM
RE: Chicken breasts
(04-07-2012 09:56 AM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  What's your preference for putting on the 'que: skin-on/bone-in or just the meat?

I don't mind doing a whole chicken flat (i.e., split down the back), but if I'm just doing breasts (like tonight!), I like 'em naked.

We que them with the skin on so they don't get dried out. (yer leaving yerself open for some interesting comments there, KBB Big Grin )

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
04-07-2012, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 01:49 PM by NWoBHM.)
For me......I think chicken cooks better in its skin and with the bone in it, especially in casserole, but also BBQ. Crispy BBQ chicken skin is lovely especially if it has some sticky sauce on it.

In fact I notice a lot of meats taste better cooked with the bone i.e. Rib Beef....

I do also like breasts generally naked, but I think that might be a bloke thing.....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2012, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 01:25 PM by knitterbookbinder.)
(04-07-2012 12:39 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  We que them with the skin on so they don't get dried out. (yer leaving yerself open for some interesting comments there, KBB Big Grin )

I know, I know, and I see NWoBHM was kind enough to contribute one.

Smile

The problem, for me, is that I love the skin as well, but I'm trying to keep what's left of my (haha) "girlish figure"....

(04-07-2012 12:42 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  For me......I think chicken cooks better in its skin and with the bone in it, especially in casserole, but also BBQ. Crispy BBQ chicken skin is lovely especially if it has some sticky sauce on it.

In fact I notice a lot of meats taste better cooked with the bone i.e. Rib Beef....

This is true, especially for pork chops, one of which will likely be dinner on Tuesday or Wednesday here: I've got a lot of food to eat up before I leave town in early May.

BTW, the "sticky sauce" I'm using tonight comes from a local source -- it's called "Gopher Guts". Big Grin

----
04-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:I know, I know, and I see NWoBHM was kind enough to contribute one.

Always happy to oblige when there are naked breasts aroundBig Grin

Quote:The problem, for me, is that I love the skin as well, but I'm trying to keep what's left of my (haha) "girlish figure"....

Go for it - the skin is some of the nicest part (well I reckon anyhow) of a chicken. A little indulgence wont hurt......
04-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:BTW, the "sticky sauce" I'm using tonight comes from a local source -- it's called "Gopher Guts".

Blimey? Sack the bloke from marketing for coming up with a name like that!!

I quite like the Paul Newman BBQ sauce, as, a) I quite liked him as an actor, and b) all profits go to charity.....I thought that was a nice touch..
04-07-2012, 01:38 PM
(04-07-2012 01:33 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
Quote:BTW, the "sticky sauce" I'm using tonight comes from a local source -- it's called "Gopher Guts".

Blimey? Sack the bloke from marketing for coming up with a name like that!!

I quite like the Paul Newman BBQ sauce, as, a) I quite liked him as an actor, and b) all profits go to charity.....I thought that was a nice touch..

LOL. Actually, we have a lot of gophers around here, and it's not unusual to see them as roadkill. Believe it or not, it's quite popular. There is a disclaimer on the label that "no gophers were harmed in the making of this sauce" however.

It's a nice tomato-based sauce, with just enough spice for me: I've got issues with members of the capsicum family, and this one doesn't aggravate my system.

The Paul Newman one is good too!

----
04-07-2012, 01:48 PM
I only recently discovered the Paul Newman sauce - but it is such an easy to prepare base for a meal - chicken on oven tray, sauce poured over, into oven, prepare salad (or whatever) to go with it. Fantastic..

I am pretty much a spice adict, and love "hot" food, although I have noticed recently an acquired taste for things like Horseradish and ground pepper to give "heat" as opposed to a thermo nuclear Scotch Bonnet, or Bird Eye Chili etc
04-07-2012, 01:49 PM
I prefer a whole chicken, done beer butt style, on the grill. Crispy skin on the outside, tender, moist chicken on the inside. Yum!

04-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:done beer butt style

Hiya Nettie - what is beer butt style?

I think I need to move to the US, for some of these naked breasts BBQ`s and beer Butts.........sounds great to me.......

Hold the gopher guts though........