Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chicken breasts
04-07-2012, 01:58 PM
RE: Chicken breasts
(04-07-2012 01:53 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
Quote:done beer butt style

Hiya Nettie - what is beer butt style?

I think I need to move to the US, for some of these naked breasts BBQ`s and beer Butts.........sounds great to me.......

Hold the gopher guts though........

LOL Also known as "beer can chicken"

Check out http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Poultr...ishid=9640

I love this as well, but my que is a small one, with just the one burner (I know, I'm a heathen: it's propane) and isn't tall enough to let me stand the chicken up.

But I have done it roasting in the oven in the winter: the whole house smells just fabulous. Big Grin

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Oh no!!! A rectum inserted beer can......ouch!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't think the chicken cares by that point....

----
04-07-2012, 02:20 PM
I suppose......not sure I would want to "go out" with a beer can up my arse mind you.....
04-07-2012, 06:16 PM
We do the beer butt chicken too. We've also bought a can of mango juice (in the Hispanic section) and done mango butt chicken. I've heard Dr. Pepper is good too!

Ugh! Gopher guts.....we came home the other night and there was a HUGE owl watching over our field. I can only hope he dined on gopher guts Rolleyes

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
04-07-2012, 08:04 PM
(04-07-2012 06:16 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  We do the beer butt chicken too. We've also bought a can of mango juice (in the Hispanic section) and done mango butt chicken. I've heard Dr. Pepper is good too!

Ugh! Gopher guts.....we came home the other night and there was a HUGE owl watching over our field. I can only hope he dined on gopher guts Rolleyes

Owls rock.

The chicken was great: nice and tender, a goodly amount of Gopher Guts slathered on top to keep it moist. (Really, folks, it's delish!)

Served with gemelli pasta tossed with sundried tomatoes in oil (sliced and diced), a lot of fennel top, and Asiago cheese.

We have a new brewery in town, and I found a growler of their IPA at my good neighbourhood beverage purveyor: I'll post a review of it over in the appropriate forum.

mmmmmmm

----
04-09-2012, 07:10 AM
Would love to try beer anything chicken. I grill them both ways, the trick is leaving them on long enough that when you turn them the skin isn't stuck to the grill. Wait for the release.
All this talk of poultry and a cross-reference to owls, makes me think of a new thread: vanity plates. We have tons of 'em in New England (not so prohibitively expensive). Seen recently - 8HOOTR.

Season's Greetings!
05-21-2012, 09:01 AM
I should have got pictures. I'm surprised the fire department didn't arrive. The whole grill was full of chicken pieces. 3 breasts, 8 thighs and 8 legs. All bone in and skin on. There must have been a lot of drippings because the whole thing was on fire. Good timing for the fire though. I slow cooked it all first, then just as I was adding BBQ sauce. FIRE! I also made a Salmon. (for Me) Yum.

I eat, therefor I am.

2011 Ironman Lake Placid - Finisher
05-21-2012, 12:30 PM
(05-21-2012 09:01 AM)Detroit Dan Wrote:  I should have got pictures. I'm surprised the fire department didn't arrive. The whole grill was full of chicken pieces. 3 breasts, 8 thighs and 8 legs. All bone in and skin on. There must have been a lot of drippings because the whole thing was on fire. Good timing for the fire though. I slow cooked it all first, then just as I was adding BBQ sauce. FIRE! I also made a Salmon. (for Me) Yum.

I got a takeaway roasted chicken for dinner last night, had it with salad. The place I'm now house-sitting doesn't have a BBQ. Confused

----
05-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:I got a takeaway roasted chicken for dinner last night, had it with salad. The place I'm now house-sitting doesn't have a BBQ.

I do like Chicken and Salad, especially with coleslaw, and baked potato etc - very nice.

Living the dream over here in Blighty