Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chicago Saturday 9/15 meet up
04-21-2012, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 10:41 AM by Nettie.)
Chicago Saturday 9/15 meet up
I know some of us are already planning to go to this show. Any ideas on a pre show dinner venue? I'll be driving down from Milwaukee that day.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: Chicago Saturday 9/15
Well....we can see what is in the area and would be in walking distance from the venue?

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
04-21-2012, 08:33 PM
(04-21-2012 08:17 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I know some of us are already planning to go to this show. Any ideas on a pre show dinner venue? I'll be driving down from Milwaukee that day.

It's not the original one (which is on Michigan Avenue, across and downstairs from the Tribune Tower), but there is an outlet of the Billy Goat Tavern (made famous in the John Belushi "cheeseburger" sketch on SNL) three blocks west of United Center.

All the good places I like to eat at in Chicago aren't real close to United Center, but if you don't mind walking a bit, I'd be happy to suggest a few other places.

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
04-22-2012, 02:58 PM
It would need to be allergy friendly too.

05-20-2012, 10:53 PM
RE: Chicago Saturday 9/15 meet up
The Missus and I are game for a variety, so choose away. Big Grin

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
05-21-2012, 06:41 AM
It dont make no difference to me as long as we get there without going thru Al Capone's old hangouts!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-13-2012, 10:08 AM
(05-21-2012 06:41 AM)boomer Wrote:  It dont make no difference to me as long as we get there without going thru Al Capone's old hangouts!

The United Center is not located in the best of neighborhoods, but there may be a casual place or two somewhat nearby that I could investigate and report back with pictures if anyone would be interested.
07-13-2012, 11:14 AM
That is a long story TC. It involves something that happened on the TM tour where cell phone navigation was found to be rather stupid!

We could use dinner options if you could. I know UC is a pretty hairy area. You should have seen the route we took on the last tour to get there. YIKES!

07-13-2012, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 12:38 PM by 2Beers.)
Hmm... Smile I seem to have vivid flash backs of that ride.. Let's just say this time around there shouldn't be any navigational errors.( Future SIL is working on helping us with our cell phone updates).

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
07-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Flashbacks? Im still having nightmares! Forget flashbacks. BTW do we still want to look into the limo option?