Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seattle Meet-up! Nov.13th
05-28-2012, 03:13 PM
RE: Seattle Meet-up! Nov.13th
I'm gonna chime in here. Usually on the day that Tix go on sale (a weekday at 10:00 a.m.) as far as work is concerned, I have an "appointment" that morning. Promptly at ten I'm "in line" on line. I threw back upper level offerings and was presented with row 27 seat 1 main floor (anymore I just go by myself, for myself, 'cause I'm the only one worth seeing a concert for). Sweet, click buy, was glad to be able too see them in my home town instead of having to go cross state or down south for a show. Not that I wouldn't have. Then I got the confirmation e-mail...section 116...uh oh. If you take a look at the seating chart for the ol' Coleseum (big bank arena) with the stage to the north, I'm in the most upper right hand corner. At that angle the big screen is going to be about 6 inches wide. That's okay, I'll catch it on dvd. That big ol' concert sound is what I'm after. I even bought my newbie neighbor a ticket, way away from me, so that he could say that "Once in my life I got to see them". I have not missed a show since 1977, UFO and Max Webster. Hopefully, from that far and away, they will still look human size. I know they will sound larger than life. Could the sound dude just give it a little extra for the guy sitting in the upper right. That sounds so wrong for me because, politicaly speaking, I'm lower lerxst...uh, I mean left. Maybe I should just make a stick request now. Sec. 116 top row 27 seat 1 Nov. 13. Seattle. (in case someone from the crew gets a break and wanders up while yer workin'). I'll be looking down on ya', and everybody else in the crowd (literally, not figuratively). I got in trouble for goin' in '77 by the way. I defied my dad. Now he likes you...but not too loud. See you ALL in November.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2012, 03:15 AM
That bites! Stupid online ticketing. Undecided

Hope we see you beforehand. Thinking of meeting up at the Center House for noms before the show. Check back here for updates....

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
09-13-2012, 08:07 AM
I was notified that I'm a meet & greet winner for the Seattle show. This just keeps getting better!!!

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware.
09-13-2012, 10:34 AM
I feel like the Grasshopper from the fable...fiddled all summer, now come showtime, all the good seats are taken and the nosebleeds are all that's left. As much as I'd love to be there, it's looking grim, and time is short. *sigh*

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
09-13-2012, 10:46 AM
(09-13-2012 10:34 AM)Nawlins Wrote:  I feel like the Grasshopper from the fable...fiddled all summer, now come showtime, all the good seats are taken and the nosebleeds are all that's left. As much as I'd love to be there, it's looking grim, and time is short. *sigh*

I hear what you're saying. The Chicago show is 2 days away and I'm thinking of going. The nosebleeds still available don't bother me much, a bit less expensive, and I have had seats before way up close within the first 5 rows, so I have experienced that. Just being there would be good enough for me at this point, although I certainly haven't been one to plan ahead, ha ha.

Good luck however you play it!

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
09-14-2012, 02:14 AM
(09-13-2012 08:07 AM)VStarRider Wrote:  I was notified that I'm a meet & greet winner for the Seattle show. This just keeps getting better!!!

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Fantastic!! I'm so happy for you Big Grin

(09-13-2012 10:34 AM)Nawlins Wrote:  I feel like the Grasshopper from the fable...fiddled all summer, now come showtime, all the good seats are taken and the nosebleeds are all that's left. As much as I'd love to be there, it's looking grim, and time is short. *sigh*

Well, if it helps, you have a place to crash. I sure hope you can make it Smile

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
09-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Woo hoo! Congrat V-Star!!! (lucky so-and-so...) Smile

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
09-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Congrats! That's awesome.

I still don't even have my tickets, yet. Hope they mail them out soon! Smile

(And my BOOK! I'd like to get reading that!)
09-23-2012, 01:57 PM
SO...a few days ago EN texts me....
EN-"I can't take it, we gotta go."
Gotta go where?
EN-"Seattle. You up for it?"
We're (Hubby and I) not going, can't afford it this time.
EN-"If we take the train, and get nose bleed seats, and find a cheap hotel...."
Aw sh*t, now you're making me hope...
EN-"Come ON, you know you want to!"
I look at Hubby. Hubby looks at me.
Hubby says "Only you can go, we can't afford both of us."
Now my belated birthday present is a trip to Seattle and a show staring a certain Speed Polka Trio.
If anyone has 2 tickets they aren't using message me! I can't afford lots, but I'll see what I can do...

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
09-23-2012, 06:04 PM
(09-23-2012 01:57 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  SO...a few days ago EN texts me....
EN-"I can't take it, we gotta go."
Gotta go where?
EN-"Seattle. You up for it?"
We're (Hubby and I) not going, can't afford it this time.
EN-"If we take the train, and get nose bleed seats, and find a cheap hotel...."
Aw sh*t, now you're making me hope...
EN-"Come ON, you know you want to!"
I look at Hubby. Hubby looks at me.
Hubby says "Only you can go, we can't afford both of us."
Now my belated birthday present is a trip to Seattle and a show staring a certain Speed Polka Trio.
If anyone has 2 tickets they aren't using message me! I can't afford lots, but I'll see what I can do...

And they say there is no such thing as peer pressure.... Rolleyes

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...