Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toronto @ ACC October 14
09-21-2012, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 12:03 PM by Scythe Matters.)
RE: Toronto @ ACC October 14
Thanks OHR! Yeah, I'm one lucky lady - I know it!

Museums always draw me so that sounds like a plan. The edge walk...um... no way. I'd rather gnaw my foot off, TYVM. KNBB has invited me to a gallery opening (it sounds so metropolitan!). Of course, I want to visit The Orbit Room, too, though I know Lerxst will not be in residence. Hopefully, I can make Rushcon on Saturday....

It's gonna be a blast! Big Grin

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I can't wait to meet everyone! This is going to be great!!

Intolerant of Intolerance.
10-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Sitting here thinking of everyone I know(and it's quite the group) that are up in Toronto as showtime approaches. I hope you are having a grand time, and can't wait to hear about it!

10-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Back from our travels abroad(snicker) and it was a most excellent time. Story time will be held in the Bar.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
10-15-2012, 09:19 PM
(10-15-2012 06:43 PM)2Beers Wrote:  Back from our travels abroad(snicker) and it was a most excellent time. Story time will be held in the Bar.

Yes, yes, I want to hear about everything.

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
10-18-2012, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 04:47 AM by Scythe Matters.)
What big plans I had! Too bad this stupid flu (or whatever it is) curtailed most of them. I did make it to the ROM and loved it. Explored downtown Toronto a little bit (my hotel was in the "entertainment district"), saw the CN Tower from below and went to a few food places.

My friend from the Stephen King MB came into town from Guelph and stayed with me at the hotel for a few days - including the show - so she helped my find my way. I really felt at home in Tarranah. I had worried a little about being in such a huge city mostly on my own but it was very comfortable and friendly. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with it.

Meeting everyone from the B&G was just amazing. What a beautiful group of people we have here! Everyone is so open and nice and ready to lend a hand or give a supportive word or touch. You all feel like family. So glad we all finally got to meet our beloved Manager, too. What a sweetheart!

The show was, as I expected, simply amazing! The hometown crowd was loud and appreciative and the Boyz seemed to feed off that and brought it big-time! It was so fun to watch my friend Anni re-discover how great they are live. When Lerxst killed the Analog Kid solo, she was drop-jawed and we were both breathless. When they went into Bravado, I broke into tears and didn't have to explain at all. Afterward, I swore that I was upgrading my seats for the Seattle show. Poor Beth.... when I saw her I started crying again and she had to have me sobbing on her shoulder (sorry Beffie). We got separated soon after, though, so I missed the to-do at the Bar (dangit).

This was one of the best 6 days of my life (okay... only 5 since I spent Thursday being sick in bed) and I'm so lucky to have been able to do this. Thank you my B&G family, Brutus, Toronto and, of course, the Boyz. I will see them (closer to the heart) in Seattle! Cross your fingers for me....

Pictures from the trip: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...d7b1b8ff2c

And from the show (7th row, way over on the edge of Al's side): https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...bb07a0cfe2

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
10-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Great pics SM - Glad everybody had a great time in "Hogtown"....
10-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Cool pics Scythe!...glad you and all had a great time! I do feel jaded, I tried to 'like' a couple and got the "You do not have sufficient permission to do that"! Wuuuut?!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
10-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Here are my pics from the Taranah weekend.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd50...to%202012/
10-18-2012, 11:39 AM
I can't either N'awlins...don't feel bad! :/

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member