Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toronto @ ACC October 14
04-27-2012, 07:46 AM
RE: Toronto @ ACC October 14
Jack Astor's is good too...they get slammed after every concert, but still manage to get the food out fast!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm going to be in Toronto for a week or so in June: I'll make it my mission to go scout out what's new and exciting. Cool

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
04-30-2012, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2012 09:37 PM by ladijules.)
I will be at this one with my daughter, a friend and his son. We will be driving in from NY and staying at a hotel for the night, then driving home Monday.

I do have a question - The official Rush website says tickets (even for fan club members) haven't gone on sale yet for this show, but when I stopped by StubHub, they are selling them. Not just general seats either... specific rows and sections and even say there is only a few left. How do they get their hands on tickets and sell them before anyone else says they are even on sale? Considering they say there are only 64 seats left, does that mean the show is sold out, even before the tickets go on sale? I'm confused.....
(04-22-2012 09:08 AM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  I know several of you have mentioned that this is within commuting distance: shall we all get together for dinner before the show?

There are some nice, and not overly pricey, restos close to ACC.

That would be cool. IT would be nice to be in a room with people who don't think I"m nuts for being a female Rush fan! Um... would teenagers be welcome? I'm bringing mine to the show.

Intolerant of Intolerance.
05-01-2012, 08:36 AM
(04-30-2012 09:33 PM)ladijules Wrote:  I do have a question - The official Rush website says tickets (even for fan club members) haven't gone on sale yet for this show, but when I stopped by StubHub, they are selling them. Not just general seats either... specific rows and sections and even say there is only a few left. How do they get their hands on tickets and sell them before anyone else says they are even on sale? Considering they say there are only 64 seats left, does that mean the show is sold out, even before the tickets go on sale? I'm confused.....

Well, ACC's site finally has something up, which is new as of yesterday, but their links to VIP Nation and Ticketmaster have "Coming Soon" banners on them. Given rollouts have been done on Mondays, I'll bet that's when these will roll out too.

StubHub is an arm of Ticketmaster, isn't it? IMO, there's something so wrong with having a reseller association like that: TM can just funnel tickets straight to them, jacking the prices up for us bona fide fans.

A pox on their house!

(04-30-2012 09:33 PM)ladijules Wrote:  That would be cool. IT would be nice to be in a room with people who don't think I"m nuts for being a female Rush fan! Um... would teenagers be welcome? I'm bringing mine to the show.

We'll pick a family resto to meet at! Smile My folk music friends think I'm a little strange for my choice in Polka Trio music as well, but I don't think it's gender-based.

----
05-01-2012, 10:17 AM
As for StubHub... no actually, they aren't affiliated with TicketMaster. Matter in fact... ticketmaster sued them for shady practices. (TicketsNow is the one thats affiliated with Ticketmaster.) Stub hub is a reseller that allows individual sellers to sell their tickets on StubHub's site.. for a huge fee for the buyer of course. I've done some research on StubHub and they have a very bad rep. Its breaking my heart (and making me really angry!) because Given that the official retailer for tickets hasn't even put them on sale yet, I'm 99% sure that those "tickets" being sold on StubHub are fake. Of course, they won't contact the poor people who bought them to tell them that! That means there are people out several hundred, even several thousands of dollars on fake tickets. What makes me even angrier is that StubHub refuses to be responsible for this behavior. They will sit back and say "Well, we didn't know they were fake!".... when they should know by the easiest of research! The idea that some people are going to spend so much money then be told at the door that they can't get in makes me sick to my stomach!

05-01-2012, 07:31 PM
(04-30-2012 09:33 PM)ladijules Wrote:  I will be at this one with my daughter, a friend and his son. We will be driving in from NY and staying at a hotel for the night, then driving home Monday.

I do have a question - The official Rush website says tickets (even for fan club members) haven't gone on sale yet for this show, but when I stopped by StubHub, they are selling them. Not just general seats either... specific rows and sections and even say there is only a few left. How do they get their hands on tickets and sell them before anyone else says they are even on sale? Considering they say there are only 64 seats left, does that mean the show is sold out, even before the tickets go on sale? I'm confused.....
(04-22-2012 09:08 AM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  I know several of you have mentioned that this is within commuting distance: shall we all get together for dinner before the show?

There are some nice, and not overly pricey, restos close to ACC.

That would be cool. IT would be nice to be in a room with people who don't think I"m nuts for being a female Rush fan! Um... would teenagers be welcome? I'm bringing mine to the show.

Where in NY are you coming from? We are in the Rochester area and are hoping to attend the YYZ show as well. (Of course we are going to Buffalo too!)

Lots of us Rush Girlieeez around these parts...not so unusual if you know where to look!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
05-01-2012, 10:09 PM
What gets me, is the 3 tix (first row, Alex's side) cost $5.00 LESS per ticket than the 3 tix (1st row, Ged's side) that were bought on the Rush fan club site. The Alex side tix were bought on the Citibank pre-sale site. Huh

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
05-01-2012, 11:10 PM
So, um, is there going to be a Geddycorn thing happening? Seems to me that a lot of us who are showing up for YYZ are not male.

(Not the we don't want you masculine types! Sayin'!!!!)

----
05-01-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm coming from the Syracuse area. We thought about going to the Buffalo show, but I HATE the traffic in Buffalo. LOL.... at least getting there should be simple. "Take Rt 81 north until you are across the border. Take a left.". LOL.

05-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Had a pow-wow w/the hubby the other night. If all the schedulin'/travelin'/moneyin' stars align, we shall sally forth to Taranah....
(Fingers/toes/appendages crossed) Rolleyes

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!