Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toronto @ ACC October 14
07-31-2012, 02:49 AM
RE: Toronto @ ACC October 14
Ren Man checked last night and it appears that we have the miles on our Alaska card to get me to YYZ and back. Still need to hear about the settlement, though, as I'd need that for hotel/meals/swag/ticket. Keeping my fingers crossed.

All I need is a miracle... (I know -- wrong band) Wink

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2012, 09:38 AM
(07-30-2012 08:10 PM)ladijules Wrote:  Listening to the the entire cast of the spring play singing "spirit of radio" at the top of their lungs in unison while they were doing the stage break down was something to see!! LOL!

There needs to be a YouTube video!

As an alumna of (and occasional presenter at) my campus radio station, I like to volunteer to staff our booth at local music festivals -- last Sunday found me at the folk fest, working with some of the current crop of campus volunteers. Since we were on the 9-1 shift, it was pretty quiet, with the music on the side stages and not where we were by the main stage.

Two of this year's newbies, in their early 20s, were just amazed that I not only listened to the Polka Trio, but was going to YYZ, and got very excited when I pointed out that we had been the first station in Calgary to play them because then, as now, we specialized in playing "undiscovered" bands. Big Grin

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
07-31-2012, 01:47 PM
On another weird concert note: I talked to a friend of mine (going to the concerts in two different cities with our daughters) and decided to make up T-shirts. For us adult ladies, T-shirts that say "FEMALE fans since 1978". For our daughters "FEMALE fans since conception. Don't ask". Or even Better "Female fans since conception. Mom apparently has a thing for Tom Sawyer."

Intolerant of Intolerance.
08-02-2012, 09:27 AM
(07-31-2012 01:47 PM)ladijules Wrote:  On another weird concert note: I talked to a friend of mine (going to the concerts in two different cities with our daughters) and decided to make up T-shirts. For us adult ladies, T-shirts that say "FEMALE fans since 1978". For our daughters "FEMALE fans since conception. Don't ask". Or even Better "Female fans since conception. Mom apparently has a thing for Tom Sawyer."

ROFLMAO

Too bad you won't have much time in YYZ, as I've found a great show that will be on at the Art Gallery of Ontario at that time.

What better show for a bunch of food- and musically-inclined people to go to than Noise Cooking?

----
08-02-2012, 03:49 PM
(08-02-2012 09:27 AM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  
(07-31-2012 01:47 PM)ladijules Wrote:  On another weird concert note: I talked to a friend of mine (going to the concerts in two different cities with our daughters) and decided to make up T-shirts. For us adult ladies, T-shirts that say "FEMALE fans since 1978". For our daughters "FEMALE fans since conception. Don't ask". Or even Better "Female fans since conception. Mom apparently has a thing for Tom Sawyer."

ROFLMAO

Too bad you won't have much time in YYZ, as I've found a great show that will be on at the Art Gallery of Ontario at that time.

What better show for a bunch of food- and musically-inclined people to go to than Noise Cooking?

I'm thinking I will talk to the people I'm going with and see if maybe we can go a day early. So many things to see and do!!

08-05-2012, 09:02 AM
(08-02-2012 03:49 PM)ladijules Wrote:  I'm thinking I will talk to the people I'm going with and see if maybe we can go a day early. So many things to see and do!!

There is -- I'm going to be there a whole week, and I still won't get everywhere I want to go. (But then, it's a short week with the holiday Monday, and I'm going to do work....)

----
08-10-2012, 05:35 PM
I've been poking around, looking at some possible locations for pre- and post-concert festivizing, and asking whether or not we can bring ladijules' teenagers along.

Some pubs allow them, some don't: one place I've found that does is the Village Idiot Pub. It's close to the Marriott, but on the way to ACC, so we shouldn't have to fight our way through masses of humanity on either end. I was there last spring twice (once in the pub, once in their companion restaurant next door called Sin and Redemption), and it's a charming place with excellent beer and a diverse, reasonable (well, for Toronto) menu.

(I've added it to the Google Map, so y'all can see where it is in relation to everything.)

Have a look at their website and menu, and let me know what you think. It's a smaller place, so if we want to book, we should probably do it sooner rather than later: I can pop in there when I get to Toronto on the 22nd.

----
08-11-2012, 09:10 PM
(08-10-2012 05:35 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  I've been poking around, looking at some possible locations for pre- and post-concert festivizing, and asking whether or not we can bring ladijules' teenagers along.

Some pubs allow them, some don't: one place I've found that does is the Village Idiot Pub. It's close to the Marriott, but on the way to ACC, so we shouldn't have to fight our way through masses of humanity on either end. I was there last spring twice (once in the pub, once in their companion restaurant next door called Sin and Redemption), and it's a charming place with excellent beer and a diverse, reasonable (well, for Toronto) menu.

(I've added it to the Google Map, so y'all can see where it is in relation to everything.)

Have a look at their website and menu, and let me know what you think. It's a smaller place, so if we want to book, we should probably do it sooner rather than later: I can pop in there when I get to Toronto on the 22nd.

that would be wonderful! Thank you so much for looking for us! I so owe you a drink! I would love it if you could reserve it as long as its good for everyone else? My teenagers aren't too bad or annoying and chances are, they will be on the other side of the room.

08-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Your kids like polka music: that's one big thing in their favour already! Big Grin

----
08-19-2012, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2012 11:01 AM by ladijules.)
Okay... not sure of the proper way to say this or if I'm not supposed to do this but... there is a group on Facebook also going to Toronto. From what I can see, there is a bit of an over overlap in people from Bubba's to that group. If you are on Facebook, I thought you might want to check it out. Here is the group link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/450639318281054/