Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toronto @ ACC October 14
09-19-2012, 03:05 PM
RE: Toronto @ ACC October 14
Wonder if I can win the lottery between now and Oct. 14th......hmmmmm.

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Tix arrived at my sister-in-law's place this afternoon. Big Grin

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
09-19-2012, 10:06 PM
(09-19-2012 09:39 AM)old honda rider Wrote:  If you haven't already done so, pls put me down for 3 people. Thx!

You +3? WHUT, you got yerself an entourage..?! Tongue
Lookin' forward to meetin' y'all! Cool

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
09-20-2012, 06:06 AM
(09-19-2012 10:06 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  
(09-19-2012 09:39 AM)old honda rider Wrote:  If you haven't already done so, pls put me down for 3 people. Thx!

You +3? WHUT, you got yerself an entourage..?! Tongue
Lookin' forward to meetin' y'all! Cool

Yep, I'm also taking my brother and sis-in-law! They've been Rush fans as long as I, since abt 1978. Good people, I'd say that even if they weren't related.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
09-20-2012, 08:12 AM
(09-19-2012 03:05 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  Wonder if I can win the lottery between now and Oct. 14th......hmmmmm.

Yeah, me too! Undecided

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
09-20-2012, 08:24 AM
23 days and counting........

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
09-20-2012, 08:54 AM
(09-20-2012 08:24 AM)2Beers Wrote:  23 days and counting........

LOL -- yeah, I bet you are.... Big Grin

----
09-21-2012, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 01:46 AM by Scythe Matters.)
So, cashing in miles for airfare has its drawbacks. Like, I'm having to arrive on the TENTH! And leave on the 16th. It's not so bad, I'm sure there is lots to do in downtown Tarranah. But sharing a hotel room gets problematic. Oh well, we'll figure it out. I booked at the Hilton Garden Inn - they have Sleep Comfort beds (hard beds murder my back). So I'm totally set. Got airfare, tickets to the show - Row 7, Geddy's side - and a place to stay. Baby, I'm stying!

I can't believe I'm really going! [Image: swoon-1.gif]

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
09-21-2012, 07:11 AM
(09-21-2012 01:45 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  I booked at the Hilton Garden Inn - they have Sleep Comfort beds (hard beds murder my back).

That puts you very close to ACC, and not far from where I'll be camped out: if you want to come gallery-hopping with me in the evenings, you're more than welcome!

----
09-21-2012, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 07:33 AM by old honda rider.)
(09-21-2012 01:45 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  So, cashing in miles for airfare has its drawbacks. Like, I'm having to arrive on the TENTH! And leave on the 16th. It's not so bad, I'm sure there is lots to do in downtown Tarranah. But sharing a hotel room gets problematic. Oh well, we'll figure it out. I booked at the Hilton Garden Inn - they have Sleep Comfort beds (hard beds murder my back). So I'm totally set. Got airfare, tickets to the show - Row 7, Geddy's side - and a place to stay. Baby, I'm stying!

I can't believe I'm really going! [Image: swoon-1.gif]
Hey Scythe, this is excellent that you're coming! The show is totally sold out, so you can bet that there are more people wanting to come than there are seats! You're among us lucky ones!

And yes, there are LOTS of things to do while you're in Toronto. Kntterbookbinder's got good ideas. There's also the Royal Ontario Museum which is well worth a full day, Hockey Hall of Fame, countless restaurants and clubs, the CN Tower and Edgewalk (http://www.cntower.ca/en-CA/Home.html)... it's hard to know even where to start. Check here (http://www.toronto.com/thingstodo) for some good ideas.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain