Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Juicing, anyone?
04-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Juicing, anyone?
The crazy neighbors had us over a few weeks ago and we watched the documentary, "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." I thought it would be boring, but it was really interesting. Between my husband's health problems, and the effect of age and weight gain, the 4 of us decided to start juicing. Today is day 1.
Hubby and I are starting a cleansing juice fast with juice of kale, cucumber, ginger, lemon, apple, and celery. It's pretty tasty, and even somewhat filling, but my cat's food is starting to look good to me Tongue So far, the worst part is my caffeine withdrawal headache. But that will go away soon.
On Friday, we'll start the 15 day reboot from the documentary website. We'll be able to eat salads and other juices, etc. The website has menus and recipes--all free.
I'm keeping a log and I'll update our progress here. Has anyone else tried juicing. I'd be curious to hear how it went.

P.S. The neighbors are actually EATING! How does that work? They said they didn't want to dine on juice alone. I think they're cheating!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2012, 04:33 PM
RE: Juicing, anyone?
Day 2 and we're still alive. Last night was horrible with the headache and generally feeling poor with all the toxins leaving my body. This morning was better and I got quite a bit done today.
One more day and I can eat salad and soup. Yay!

04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Congrats on the success GW!...I think I'd have chewed my arm off by now!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
04-26-2012, 11:10 AM
(04-26-2012 09:55 AM)Nawlins Wrote:  ...I think I'd have chewed my arm off by now!

So what do you eat with the juice? You mean, you don't get to eat anything at all? I'm with N'awlins, that arm would start lookin pretty good, especially with some barbecue sauce! I don't think I could do a juice only thing. I think I'll stick with my oatmeal and lasagna diet...Wink

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
04-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:that arm would start lookin pretty good,

Reminds me of the Steve King book, where a talented surgeon is marooned on an island with nothing but his medical kit, and a load of drugs he is smuggling.......with no food, he operates on himself to provide food, his feet etc - saving his hands (being a surgeon he might need these), until one day the decision is made to amputate a hand to survive.......as he Anesthetizes himself with the drugs, he utters one of the best lines in one of his books.......

"Best not let the left hand know what the right hand is doing......"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2012, 06:05 PM
(04-26-2012 03:46 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
Quote:that arm would start lookin pretty good,

Reminds me of the Steve King book, where a talented surgeon is marooned on an island with nothing but his medical kit, and a load of drugs he is smuggling.......with no food, he operates on himself to provide food, his feet etc - saving his hands (being a surgeon he might need these), until one day the decision is made to amputate a hand to survive.......as he Anesthetizes himself with the drugs, he utters one of the best lines in one of his books.......

"Best not let the left hand know what the right hand is doing......"

Ew!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2012, 08:31 PM
You're right---NO eating Confused Today is the last day of that, though. Tomorrow, watch out! We bought the next 5 days of food today. It came to $135.00! At that rate, we won't be doing this permanently. I'd have to start working again to afford the food Angry That's not going to happen. Our garden won't be ready for a while, as the weather is just now permitting to transplant everything I started from seed.

[Image: 6971346390_13ef090713_t.jpg]
Juicy1 by Gungawoman, on Flickr
[Image: 6971344184_2b489f74a6_t.jpg]
Juicy2 by Gungawoman, on Flickr

This is only a part of the next 5 days. It's juice, salad, and soup. I feel great right now. Hubby says he's ready to fight off the cat for her food Big Grin

04-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Lots of leafy greens Smile but I can see how only having drinks could make you look twice at the kitty kibble

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
04-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Um, first pic, left middle...is that...grass? Huh

Mmm-mmm! Looks yummy! Undecided

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
04-26-2012, 08:43 PM
(04-26-2012 08:39 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  Um, first pic, left middle...is that...grass? Huh

Mmm-mmm! Looks yummy! Undecided

No, silly! It's fennel. Tomorrow we get a juice for a mid-morning "snack" made with BEETS Sad It's supposed to be a version of V8 juice, but I may have to gag it down. Beets..... Undecided