Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Juicing, anyone?
04-26-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: Juicing, anyone?
(04-26-2012 08:43 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  
(04-26-2012 08:39 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  Um, first pic, left middle...is that...grass? Huh

Mmm-mmm! Looks yummy! Undecided

No, silly! It's fennel. Tomorrow we get a juice for a mid-morning "snack" made with BEETS Sad It's supposed to be a version of V8 juice, but I may have to gag it down. Beets..... Undecided

I'm with you on the beets. Blech.

But fennel is one of my personal favourite veg.

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2012, 09:21 PM
YAY! Today starts FOOD eating again!
Breakfast was herbal tea and baked apples and berries with cinnamon and nutmeg. Yummy, but slightly dry (no butter or sugar Sad )
Mid-morning was another (not again!) juice that we had the last 3 days.
Lunch was a monstrous salad with arugula, spinach, tomato, red onion, avocado and mustard vinaigrette. YUM! Boy that was good!
Dinner was steamed broccoli and green beans plus I threw in some asparagus fresh picked from our garden. We also got another big salad with romaine, carrots, cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts, tomato, avocado, radishes and a honey-soy-ginger dressing. We could barely finish all that food!
Hubby is liking life a little better today. I've felt GREAT the last 3 days, but I noticed today I had less long-term energy. I had to take some breaks. But gee, I transplanted 35 seedlings of veggies and herbs into my greenhouse, made 2 Hawaiian shirts, some jewelry, and an apron, weeded 2 beds in my garden and did 2 chapters from an online class.....
Tonight is a nice cup of herbal tea and HOCKEY!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
04-28-2012, 03:40 PM
John Tesch made me think of you.
I know, John Tesch,right? but he was saying the other night that this diet has gone around in popularity, and really isn't effective, as
1) your liver is your body's detoxifier
2) the weight loss is because you aren't eating anything and
3) your body, in starvation mode, will grab and hold onto any calories that you ingest when you start eating, nullifying the weight loss.
Thought I'd pass that on.

04-28-2012, 08:49 PM
I tend to agree with you, Nettie. Since we are eating now, the weight loss has leveled out. I pretty much knew it was mostly water loss and lack of food, but we were consuming 1200 calories per day with the juice. Anything beneath that is dangerous.

Breakfast today was a monstrous bowl of fruit.
Mid-morning was V28 juice we made with beets Confused celery, parsley, spinach,
kale, cucumber, tomato, carrots, and a jalapeno.
Lunch was a big salad with carrot, romaine, radish, avocado, fennel, and lemon with a honey/soy/garlic dressing.
Dinner was a pretty bland vegetable soup with an OUTSTANDING baked acorn squash stuffed with mushrooms and sage. YUM!

The portions are fairly large. I think the main purpose of this is to re-train yourself to eat healthier, with more fruits and veggies. When this is over, we'll start eating fish and chicken a couple of times a week. AND life is just not worth living with a occasional rib eye steak!

12-30-2013, 02:59 AM
Wow, this juicing thing is really taking off. I'm going to be starting next year, so expect me to post in this thread. Hopefully I won't get kicked out for swear words and disturbingly misanthropic sentiments.

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd." --Voltaire
12-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Zen....if you are also weaning yourself off of caffeine products, do that before you start juicing. It will make things far more bearable for you!

01-06-2014, 06:39 PM
(12-30-2013 08:43 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  Zen....if you are also weaning yourself off of caffeine products, do that before you start juicing. It will make things far more bearable for you!

Honestly, I don't see myself going that far. I need caffeine for my sanity, or whatever might be left of it. Tongue

01-20-2014, 12:52 AM
UPDATE: I wasn't going to bother anyone with this, but this juicing thing (or what I'm doing of it) is working wonders. Not only am I losing weight, but my skin is in better shape. Best of all, though, is the fact that the hair that was thinning out from a medication side effect is actually growing back(!!!) Anyway, just thought that would interest those who are still on the fence about it. Big Grin

01-21-2014, 12:43 PM
You aren't bothering anyone, Zen! We like to hear about progress. Congrats on the good effects of juicing! While you'll be eating regular food too, the juicing will help you eat healthier. If you splurge occasionally, you won't notice the pounds, or lethargy. Juicing will sustain your healthy body. Just don't overdo the splurging! I've found it's difficult to juice in the winter. It gets really cold here in the mountains and cold juice doesn't appeal. I really notice a difference in my weight and the way I feel. Can't wait for warm weather!