Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cider
05-02-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: Cider
(05-02-2012 02:28 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  I had not noticed this.....A "Cunningham" one you say, hand beaten, and fur pelt embossed at the Cunningham factory, purveyors of ye fine olde shields of war, Sheffield Limited?

Cool - though - I presume it is your family crest or something?

LOL to the first -- although likely Kilmarnock -- and yes to the second. It's the white one with what looks like a black Y on it. Was rather chuffed when I saw that.

At least, that's what we get to put on our shields: the family crest is simply a unicorn's head. That's the nice part about having a long history: you get to snap up the really simple stuff first. Kind of like the Bass Ale logo.

Our motto sounds like it should belong to Dennis Moore, however: over fork over isn't exactly stirring....

Quote:My family (as far as I know) don`t have a crest, maybe I should get one made, a motif of two crossed drumsticks, set on a mound of broken drumsticks, with the inscription "nemo dat quod non habet"

ROFL

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2014, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2014 07:10 PM by NEJ1T.)
So I'm not a real bar savvy gal, I just got a second hand suggestion I have to try, but need some hints on what I'm really looking for...
pour a nice "hard" apple cider - got that,
then do sort of a boiler maker by dropping in a shot of cinnamon liqueur ...
Should be "like drinking apple pie".
Any suggestions for the cinnamon component?

And someone please find me a shrubbery!!!

Do deep thoughts and lofty ideals cancel each other out?
10-20-2014, 01:37 PM
(10-14-2014 07:05 PM)NEJ1T Wrote:  So I'm not a real bar savvy gal, I just got a second hand suggestion I have to try, but need some hints on what I'm really looking for...

INTERESTING! I'd try that!
(Last night i had my other cider and again, I was unimpressed. Maybe a "Cinn-kicker" would have helped...)

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
10-20-2014, 09:17 PM
(10-20-2014 01:37 PM)Nung Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 07:05 PM)NEJ1T Wrote:  So I'm not a real bar savvy gal, I just got a second hand suggestion I have to try, but need some hints on what I'm really looking for...

INTERESTING! I'd try that!
(Last night i had my other cider and again, I was unimpressed. Maybe a "Cinn-kicker" would have helped...)

I feel a trip to the local specialty shop for research is in order! Must find the mystery component!

Do deep thoughts and lofty ideals cancel each other out?