05-09-2012, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 01:29 AM by Scythe Matters.)
Got this in The Herb Companion newsletter:
Double Mint Blueberry Jam
• 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
• 1 tablespoon fresh spearmint
• 1 tablespoon fresh peppermint
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate, thawed
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint and/or spearmint extract (optional)
1. Rinse blueberries; drain. If using frozen, completely thaw.
2. Combine mints and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and steep 5 minutes. Pour liquid through a wire-mesh strainer into a measuring cup, discarding mint.
3. Combine blueberries, apple juice concentrate, honey and lemon juice in a large nonstick skillet. Add reserved cup mint liquid and extracts.
4. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly and mashing berries with the back of a spoon until mixture reaches the consistency of jam.
5. Refrigerate jam in a bowl for about 1 hour until chilled. Conduct taste test and make corrections, if needed. (See sidebar, “Perfect Quick Herb-Flavored Jam—Every Time” on Page 37.) Store in a clean glass jar with a lid. Label and enjoy.
NOTE: To make Double-Mint Raspberry Jam, substitute 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries for blueberries.
Sounds good! I'm going to give it a try when I find blueberries on sale
There are other recipes here: http://www.herbcompanion.com/cooking/qui...z1uM5OwV5H
... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)