Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3D TV
05-12-2012, 01:09 PM
RE: 3D TV
I hear Titanic is good in 3d.....It`s another great way for us to step up and buy the latest......If they make Rambo into 3D, I will have rented the video, brought the video, brought the DVD, brought the directors cut (actually I don`t think there was a directors cut but...).......didn`t buy blue ray etc....same as albums, Moving Pictures vinyl, Moving Pictures CD, Exit Stage Left vinyl, CD, video and DVD........

Funny though I read that vinyl is the biggest growth area in music distribution (can it be right??) - well from our experience we sold far more volume of vinyl than the CD and Digital Distribution of the same album, so there is some proof positive.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2012, 10:00 AM
RE: 3D TV
(05-12-2012 01:09 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  I hear Titanic is good in 3d.....It`s another great way for us to step up and buy the latest......If they make Rambo into 3D, I will have rented the video, brought the video, brought the DVD, brought the directors cut (actually I don`t think there was a directors cut but...).......didn`t buy blue ray etc....same as albums, Moving Pictures vinyl, Moving Pictures CD, Exit Stage Left vinyl, CD, video and DVD........

Funny though I read that vinyl is the biggest growth area in music distribution (can it be right??) - well from our experience we sold far more volume of vinyl than the CD and Digital Distribution of the same album, so there is some proof positive.

Totally hear ya on that one. Moving Pictures on 8 Track, CD, Remastered CD, and and the new 5.1 CD.
I think the 3D thing is fairly valid though, but what really gets me is the
marketing of the disc. Right now, most titles are sold in the bundles ~
you get the 3D Blu Ray, Blu Ray, DVD and Digital Copy all for one large
price. Why would I seriously need anything but the 3D version for?
You know that it only cost them an extra 50 cents at most to offer all
those extra disc, but the markup is 10 dollars.
Fortunately, there is a market on eBay to sell off the other disc's and I
can recover some of cost to help offset the expense.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply