Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have too many eggs!!
06-05-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: I have too many eggs!!
(06-05-2012 07:46 PM)ladijules Wrote:  I checked that cheese cake recipe... oh man.... I'm gaining weight just looking! Anyone know a good gluten free one? My husband loves cheese cake but can't eat it now because he has celiacs. Suggestions?
Ladijules, you should be able to substitute a gluten free flour mixture for the wheat flour without a problem. http://www.glutenfreecookingschool.com/a...flour-mix/

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2012, 08:41 PM
(06-05-2012 07:46 PM)ladijules Wrote:  I checked that cheese cake recipe... oh man.... I'm gaining weight just looking! Anyone know a good gluten free one? My husband loves cheese cake but can't eat it now because he has celiacs. Suggestions?

Use rice flour or jerusalem artichoke flour. No one will know! If my family knew what I actually make things out of they'd stop eating!! LOL PS I have Crohns and everything bothers me including gulten so i subsitute! As long as they can't taste it I'll keep doing it besides they're way thinner and don't have the fainest idea why that is. It's actually pretty funny.

"An Oasis of Solid Ground in an Endless Sea of Confusion"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I know someone mentioned pickled eggs earlier in the thread. I love these at a pub in a packet of Walkers Smoky Bacon crisps..yum!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Scotch Eggs (I skim read the thread), those are nice although I dont think it would extend the shelf life too much.....

As my mate used to say........"How do you like your eggs?", and his girlfriend would say "preferably unfertilised"

Living the dream over here in Blighty
06-07-2012, 12:55 PM
(06-07-2012 12:51 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  I know someone mentioned pickled eggs earlier in the thread. I love these at a pub in a packet of Walkers Smoky Bacon crisps..yum!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Scotch Eggs (I skim read the thread), those are nice although I dont think it would extend the shelf life too much.....

Real bars (i.e., not wussy pubs) have picked eggs here: always thought they were rather nasty myself, but those Walkers Smoky Bacon crisps sound delish. Next door to my favourite bakery is a shop that specializes in British goods -- I'll pop in there and see if they stock them next time I go up.

Scotch eggs are great, but oh the cholesterol! Heart

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
06-07-2012, 01:19 PM
(06-07-2012 12:55 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  
(06-07-2012 12:51 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  I know someone mentioned pickled eggs earlier in the thread. I love these at a pub in a packet of Walkers Smoky Bacon crisps..yum!

Real bars (i.e., not wussy pubs) have picked eggs here: always thought they were rather nasty myself, but those Walkers Smoky Bacon crisps sound delish. Next door to my favourite bakery is a shop that specializes in British goods -- I'll pop in there and see if they stock them next time I go up.

Scotch eggs are great, but oh the cholesterol! Heart

They are lovely - the vinegar from the eggs just adds flavour. They make a great "cheap" snack for poor bikers like we were years ago who could not afford much else.

I didn`t know there was a load of cholesterol in Scotch eggs - oh well, that is maybe where my high cholesterol comes from - although one Doc said when it was 5.5 "you are doomed, but dont worry you have beautifully low blood pressure", and another said when it was 5.5 "yeah don`t worry that is average, but your blood pressure is a nightmare, you are dommed"

I take it from that, that Docs, although well educated sort of people, have not the first clue, and that I am doomed.

06-07-2012, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2012 01:52 PM by Gungawoman.)
Oh, NWo---you poor doomed soul!
My husband makes pickled eggs with vinegar and beet juice. It gives them a nice color. He and one of our daughters LOVE them.....but BEETS????? Huh

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
06-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Never had pickled eggs - not sure I'd like them. Scotch Eggs... those are cooked inside sausage, right? Or is that some other kind of egg? Huh

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
06-14-2012, 03:24 PM
(06-14-2012 01:27 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Never had pickled eggs - not sure I'd like them. Scotch Eggs... those are cooked inside sausage, right? Or is that some other kind of egg? Huh

Scotch eggs
I've heard of these, but have never seen them, except at Irish Fest. I didn't know what they were either.

06-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Definitely going to try to substitue with gluten free flour. My husband misses cheese cake!

So.. has anyone found a really good recipe for pickling eggs??? I haven't found a GOOD one yet!

Intolerant of Intolerance.
06-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Here is a pic of Scotch Eggs and a BBC recipe -

[Image: scotcheggs_85851_16x9.jpg]

and Recipe -

BBC Recipe for Scotch Eggs