Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my thought for the day
05-29-2012, 12:51 PM
my thought for the day
Hi there....it's been a while since I've posted, but i had this thought and thought this was as good a place to share it as I could come up with.

my thought starts on a sad note: today is the 15th anniversary of the loss of Jeff Buckley. the more i listen to him, the more brilliant his music becomes...we lost a lot on that sad day. That got me thinking about how i even heard his music for the first time.

It was on the house playlist of a certain concert i attended back in 2007. And, on a happy note, i realized how much GREAT music I heard for the first time that hot night in Philly (well, Camden, really). It was my introduction to Jeff Buckley, Porcupine Tree, Dredg, The Mars Volta, and Vertical Horizon (yes i lived in a radio-free shell for a while). How many times do you get introduced to that much great music in one sitting? Much of that is still on my permanent listening rotation. Amazing!

So, anyway, that's my thought for the day. And, despite the sad occasion, I'd like to say thanks to Bubba for introducing all of that goodness to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2012, 07:50 PM
RE: my thought for the day
Adrian - Never ceases to astound me; the impact that a single moment in time can have on someones life.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply