Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help!!!!!!!
06-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Sad Help!!!!!!!
Fellow Bubbaian's I need help with a scourge in my kitchen called "The Bread Maker"! I just came home from a 7 day intestinal vacation called the hospital, where the word food at least for me means ice chips! So as you all can imagine I'm ravenously hungry for real food ie; anything one makes from scratch! Taming my cravings for things that will land me right back on "intestinal vacation" is no small challenge. So for the first time in a long time I decided to do the smart thing and make some whole grain bread with flax seed for a nice toast with my Jasmine tea/Green tea. 11:00pm EST I put all the ingredients in the accursed machine hit the french button and went to sleep dreaming of my first morning tea and toast. It is now 1:09 pm EST and my tea was great but I can't liberate the bread from that rotten dream crushing P.O.S bread machine. At this writing I still have not eaten anything because I will not be denied, and will starve before a piece of badly formed metal and plastic defeat me! So far pliers, meat mallet, banging on it like the pre humans in 2001 space odessey bang on the black obelisk had no effect. My husband is at work trying to earn enough money to pay for my ridiculously expensive medication, food and shelter. So man power isn't an option at the moment. I have attached a picture to hopefully inspire any ideas of getting this out of the machine in decent shape so I can slice it, toast it, and finally EAT IT! Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Starving in CNY!!!!!!!!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"An Oasis of Solid Ground in an Endless Sea of Confusion"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2012, 11:51 AM
RE: Help!!!!!!!
Not sure what to suggest. Instinct says if the tin is warmed it will expand, but will that allow the bread to come out?

Were it me I think I would just cut around the bread maybe 5 mill from the tin all the way around and hope that would free it??

Living the dream over here in Blighty
06-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks I'll give it a try in a 200 degree oven for a little while. At this point I have nothing too lose! If it ruins the bread I'll have a great excuse to run the machine over with the car!!!!LOL

"An Oasis of Solid Ground in an Endless Sea of Confusion"
06-25-2012, 04:42 PM
I agree with NWOB, try cutting. My aunt and uncle had a similar problem many years ago: bread stuck in the machine. They cut/lightly chipped it out and discovered that they forgot to put the mixer bracket in the bottom of the maker before adding the batter. So only the little spindle was there to do the mixing (it didn't) and the bread adhered to the sides instead. Hope that helps and you are eating soon!

Season's Greetings!
07-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Hope you had some luck! I was going to suggest adding a tiny bit of water to the sides to make it soft. Not sure that would help though!
(From another CNY person... LOL!)

Intolerant of Intolerance.
Find all posts by this user
07-05-2012, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 06:08 AM by LiveToCook.)
Seems that you had some fun along the way... Hope that you are feeling better now. I was doing the bread machine some years ago and yes I did have some interesting experiences... Even to this day, I am surprised that this machine is not permanently lodged into a wall somewhere. Angry. Every time a new recipe was attempted, there it went... it would stick, not raise enough, and (this is too crude, I will withold any further words Big Grin). But once the recipe is on the dot and the machine does it well... keep it(the recipe)!!! My machine ended up in the basement, I was eating way too much bread in the morning. So now, I went back to doing bread by hand the way my mother taught me. In today's world, we dont just use the ordinary white flour, so the learning curve to this was interesting, every time you change flour type, the temperature, humidity is different or add some new ingredient(s), it is back to the drawing board. Now, I have done enough and taken a course(or 2) and asked all the proper questions for this and that, that I now understand... I think... Huh Hopefully you did enjoy this bread... it looked good from aboveTongue
Find all posts by this user