Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Hello, I'm New And Stuff... - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Guidelines for Adding New Threads (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Hello, I'm New And Stuff... (/showthread.php?tid=1169)

Pages: 1 2

Hello, I'm New And Stuff... - zenandtheartist - 11-08-2013 11:46 PM

I'm glad to be accepted in this group, and I thank everyone involved for their generosity. I live in Miami, FL, and I'll be thirty-three on the thirteenth of this month.

As far as a certain rock band goes, I've been an avid listener ever since I discovered how much weight I could lose working out to their music. Also, the positive messages are a refreshing alternative to listening to the latest horror story on the news.

Regarding Neil Peart's travel writing, I'm still on the Kindle version of Ghost Rider and I'm already inspired enough to post under the user name that I chose for this forum. Sorry if "motorcycle maintenance" isn't in the name, but those words were a bit long.

And of course, food and recipes. My family has a long tradition of gathering and trading recipes and cooking tips, as well as entertaining for house guests and for each other. I've also done a good deal of research during my weight loss on nutrition, though I'll spare you all any unsolicited lectures on the subject.

Anyway, that sounded more like a resumé or query letter of some sort than a normal introduction. I'll stop typing now before things get TL;DR.

RE: Hello, I'm New And Stuff... - Nettie - 11-09-2013 10:03 AM

Welcome aboard Zena!

RE: Hello, I'm New And Stuff... - Gungawoman - 11-09-2013 10:34 AM

Hi, there ZATA! Welcome to the East Wing! Enjoy yourself whilst exploring here. We only lock the doors at night Big Grin

RE: Hello, I'm New And Stuff... - zenandtheartist - 11-09-2013 10:58 AM

Thanks, guys. I can't wait to see what everyone has cooking.

RE: Hello, I'm New And Stuff... - Sunset - 11-09-2013 11:07 AM

Welcome...

And don't worry about tl;dr...I'd like to think the aggregate membership attention span is a cut above the usual sound bite mentality found on many forums.

RE: Hello, I'm New And Stuff... - zenandtheartist - 11-09-2013 11:18 AM

(11-09-2013 11:07 AM)Sunset Wrote:  Welcome...

And don't worry about tl;dr...I'd like to think the aggregate membership attention span is a cut above the usual sound bite mentality found on many forums.

I'm sorry, what did you say? I had to check in on my Facebook app while thinking about planting tomatoes. Does anyone have any tips on growing food, BTW? What time is it? Where am I? Undecided

RE: Hello, I'm New And Stuff... - Mufasa - 11-09-2013 12:31 PM

Welcome aboard, Zen. Feel free to share your accumulated knowledge on healthy eating recipes, and whatever else makes your motor purr.

What Sunset said...

RE: Hello, I'm New And Stuff... - BrianW - 11-09-2013 07:20 PM

Hello there Z&. Welcome to the sunny side of the street.

RE: Hello, I'm New And Stuff... - 2Beers - 11-09-2013 09:42 PM

Welcome Zen! Take a stroll thru the many threads.

RE: Hello, I'm New And Stuff... - RN-PRN - 11-09-2013 09:56 PM

Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs, Zen. Enjoy looking around.