Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Weird Food Combinations - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Wine, Beer, Cocktails, Beverage and Food Combinations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Weird Food Combinations (/showthread.php?tid=166)

Pages: 1 2 3

Weird Food Combinations - Weezy - 05-06-2010 08:09 PM

This may sound really childish, but I LOVE to dip my french fries into a vanilla milkshake, just like ketchup, and gobble them down like I'm "goin' to the chair." (Fun Fact: Florida's electric chair was nicknamed "Ole Sparky") Huh Just realized ... that fact isn't really "fun."

RE: Weird Food Combinations - Kelly D - 11-06-2011 06:30 PM

I used to do that when I'd go to Wendy's when I was younger- French fries + Frostie = heaven! I don't go there much anymore but. . . as for "weird" food combinations? I like to dip my grilled cheese sandwiches in ketchup and I put peanut butter in my oatmeal. Just today, my friend told me he puts mayonnaise in his (already cooked) eggs. I've yet to try it, but I'm curious. . . Smile

RE: Weird Food Combinations - Gungawoman - 11-06-2011 09:48 PM

How 'bout dipping corn chips in cottage cheese? Yum!

RE: Weird Food Combinations - burma.girl - 11-06-2011 11:48 PM

Cream cheese slathered on day-old pizza. Don't ask me how I figured out that one.....Rolleyes

(PS: ditto w/fries in yer Frostie....)

RE: Weird Food Combinations - Kelly D - 11-07-2011 01:41 PM

Plain Greek yogurt and a jar of regular tomato sauce make a lovely, tangy cream sauce, too Smile

RE: Weird Food Combinations - debskis - 11-07-2011 09:05 PM

LOVE chips & cottage cheese! How 'bout chips & Peanut Butter sandwich?? Or ranch dressing on fries?

Which reminds me of my most recent road- trip from NY to Michigan via Canada. I stopped at a BK Lounge where I was asked whether I wanted to "Poutine" my fries? Uh...excuse me? I literally had to ask the cashier to repeat herself 2 or 3 times before she finally (losing her patience w/me) pointed to a photo of fries smothered in gravy & cheese! Sorry Canadians, I'm a big fan of Rush, Labatt's Blue, Toronto, & hockey, but I'm gonna pass on the Poutine'd fries!!

RE: Weird Food Combinations - RN-PRN - 11-07-2011 09:24 PM

My son will eat ketchup on just about anything.
Horseradish sauce is great on fries, too.

RE: Weird Food Combinations - Boomer - 11-07-2011 09:58 PM

Mustard on scrambled eggs - its a navy thing dont ask!

Along the Columbia River in Oregon there is a little diner in St Helens that has some dynamite biscuits n gravy. With a twist. Apparently the loggers in the area are Tabasco addicts, and drown their plates of biscuits n gravy with Tabasco sauce. Try it sometime. Good eats.

RE: Weird Food Combinations - Phillip - 11-08-2011 08:36 AM

My brother has to put ketchup on his grits.

RE: Weird Food Combinations - desertbear - 11-08-2011 10:24 AM

Boomer you are completely correct sir! It is Delicious! If you want to really step it up, grab some Blairs After Death hot sauce and dribble it ever so carefully( a little goes a long way) over top! yummy!