Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Weird Food Combinations - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Wine, Beer, Cocktails, Beverage and Food Combinations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Weird Food Combinations (/showthread.php?tid=166)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Weird Food Combinations - Gungawoman - 11-08-2011 10:35 AM

(11-07-2011 09:05 PM)debskis Wrote:  LOVE chips & cottage cheese! How 'bout chips & Peanut Butter sandwich?? Or ranch dressing on fries?

Which reminds me of my most recent road- trip from NY to Michigan via Canada. I stopped at a BK Lounge where I was asked whether I wanted to "Poutine" my fries? Uh...excuse me? I literally had to ask the cashier to repeat herself 2 or 3 times before she finally (losing her patience w/me) pointed to a photo of fries smothered in gravy & cheese! Sorry Canadians, I'm a big fan of Rush, Labatt's Blue, Toronto, & hockey, but I'm gonna pass on the Poutine'd fries!!

Haha! When I was a kid, I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with Fritoes inside.

RE: Weird Food Combinations - 2Beers - 11-08-2011 09:06 PM

(fries smothered in gravy & cheese! )
Oh Yah, yah fries with gravy der, eh? 'cause youse wants dat with yer pasty too eh? Yah want a pop wit dat too?
The speech dialect of a Yooper too. Smile

RE: Weird Food Combinations - Boomer - 11-09-2011 07:13 AM

Oh no.....I can always tell when someone from the House Der 2Beers has been up in the YOOPERS!

RE: Weird Food Combinations - debskis - 11-09-2011 09:26 AM

(11-08-2011 09:06 PM)2Beers Wrote:  (fries smothered in gravy & cheese! )
Oh Yah, yah fries with gravy der, eh? 'cause youse wants dat with yer pasty too eh? Yah want a pop wit dat too?
The speech dialect of a Yooper too. Smile

pasty = pasta??? I should know that, I'm from Michigan originally...not a Yooper though!

RE: Weird Food Combinations - RN-PRN - 11-09-2011 09:53 AM

Nope a pasty is like a meat turnover. It is filled with meat, potatoes and veggies (or what ever you want) wrapped in dough and baked. Yummy!

RE: Weird Food Combinations - 2Beers - 11-09-2011 01:35 PM

Veggies meaning..... potatoes, onion, and maybe rutabaga. However in Nettie's family they add carrots I believe.

RE: Weird Food Combinations - debskis - 11-09-2011 01:38 PM

Oooh...sounds yummy! Kinda like a Shepherd's Pie???

RE: Weird Food Combinations - 2Beers - 11-09-2011 01:41 PM

Well kinda, but imagine it wrapped in pie dough. Like a Hot Pocket only way so much better. Oh and it is served with either gravy or you can have them with ketchup. I prefer the gravy Mr.2Beers and our girls like them with ketchup.

RE: Weird Food Combinations - burma.girl - 11-09-2011 02:07 PM

MMMM loves me some Cornish pasties! Great comfort food on a wet 'n' windy day on the SW coast of England....

A pasty shop located in the village of Tintagel, where I hung my hat for about 6 months in the late '80s:
http://www.pengennapasties.co.uk/pages/products/product_list.htm

RE: Weird Food Combinations - Nettie - 11-09-2011 07:38 PM

(11-09-2011 02:07 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  MMMM loves me some Cornish pasties! Great comfort food on a wet 'n' windy day on the SW coast of England....

A pasty shop located in the village of Tintagel, where I hung my hat for about 6 months in the late '80s:
http://www.pengennapasties.co.uk/pages/products/product_list.htm

Then you must head to the U.P. and try the Michigan version.