Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Wine, Beer, Cocktails, Beverage and Food Combinations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night (/showthread.php?tid=400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - NWoBHM - 06-24-2011 04:36 PM

There would be smokey flavours of roasted Pro Mark 747`s, a slightly metallic flavour of Sabian`s in a thunder storm, .........

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Boomer - 06-25-2011 11:04 AM

18 year Bubba Malt? I'd sign up for a couple bottles of that!!!

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - smoker guy - 06-25-2011 12:10 PM

I'd be willing to try it for sure, especially since I'm getting low on my latest bottle. Big Grin

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Boomer - 06-25-2011 12:13 PM

Got home last night grilled up a bunch of food for dinner, and had three beers whilst hovering over the grill, and a couple drams of The Macallan for dessert. And the funny part is I woke up feeling great this morning!

I might be on to something!!Tongue

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - NWoBHM - 06-25-2011 12:53 PM

The Fountain of youth........

Actually, Bubba ought to consider extending the brand - I would go for an 18 Year Old Bubba Single Malt........Macallan if you are reading this........we can be contacted at Bubba`s Bar `n` Grill, USA, or more immediately by the UK representative in Worcester........

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Echo2112 - 06-26-2011 11:27 AM

I do like the McCallan, but I really like The Glenrothes. They vintage the scotch, rather than giving it a 12, 15 or 18 year designation. One of my favorite things to sip on with a beer after work!

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - smoker guy - 07-29-2011 08:36 PM

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the Glenlivet? How does it compare to the MacAllan and the Glenmorangie? I almost bought myself a bottle tonight, but settled on a fine Russian Vodka instead, (If i by another bottle of Scotch the Missus will kill me). i have a 10 yr. old bottle of the Macallan Fine(not Sherry) Oak that will be accompanying me on my motorcycle ride to the North Woods around Lake Superior...but I will be in need of restocking when I get back.

Also, what is the general conscensus on the Glenfiddich? Pass or not, eh?

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - dheafey - 07-31-2011 05:42 AM

(07-29-2011 08:36 PM)smoker guy Wrote:  I was wondering if anyone here has tried the Glenlivet? How does it compare to the MacAllan and the Glenmorangie? I almost bought myself a bottle tonight, but settled on a fine Russian Vodka instead, (If i by another bottle of Scotch the Missus will kill me). i have a 10 yr. old bottle of the Macallan Fine(not Sherry) Oak that will be accompanying me on my motorcycle ride to the North Woods around Lake Superior...but I will be in need of restocking when I get back.

Also, what is the general conscensus on the Glenfiddich? Pass or not, eh?

The Glenlivet 18 is fantastic, but I found the younger ones to be average - peaty and smoky with not much flavor; thin, if you will. Macallan and Glenmorangie have the peat and smoke, but a little something else that set them apart from Glenlivet. Of course, this is all my palate and opinion; YMMV.

I haven't had Glenfiddich in a LONG time so, can't comment on it accurately.

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Nung - 09-14-2011 02:09 PM

I can't recall if I posted my preference on this Thread yet but I prefer the 10 year old version of The Macallan, not the 12 YO. Both are good but I give the nod to the 10. The 12 YO just seems too "wound up." The 10 is elegant, complex, yet fruity. The 12 seems to hit over the head where the 10 sings a seductive siren song of soothing and seamless flavors.

I did have a glass at dinner the other night of Oban. Absolutely lovely! I think it was just the standard 14 YO.

I NEED A BOTTLE!

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - desertbear - 09-21-2011 03:40 PM

HOLY CARP!!!! Has anyone else seen this? I am on Macallans' e-mail update list( yes... I drink WAY too much of their product). 20,000 u.s.d.
for ONE bottle! I know they hold records for highest price paid for a scotch but, Whooo. Sure is pretty though.