Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Wine, Beer, Cocktails, Beverage and Food Combinations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night (/showthread.php?tid=400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Scythe Matters - 12-23-2011 01:32 AM

Those look too cute to eat! I would, though.... Wink

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - 2Beers - 12-26-2011 12:08 PM

I hope she didn't name them. You never name your food.....

2B

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Gungawoman - 12-26-2011 01:21 PM

(12-26-2011 12:08 PM)2Beers Wrote:  I hope she didn't name them. You never name your food.....

2B

Too late! I named them "Yummy" and "Delicious" and "Man, These are Good" and........

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - smoker guy - 01-15-2012 09:22 PM

Well, after finishing off the last of my latest bottle of Absinthe I decided to try a wee dram of mt newest bottle of single malt. It isn`t the Mac. or the GlenMorangie, but Glenlivet "Nadurra". 16 yr. old cask strength. After 3 sips I can say HOLY CRIKEY! This is a bit stronger than I expected. I can also say it has a decidedly sweet taste that is not at all unpleasant. I was impressed by the price as well...$55 for a 16 yr old single malt that tastes ok is worth it. I say give it a try.

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Boomer - 01-15-2012 10:52 PM

Wow THATS stepping off the deep end! Not heard of too many brave folk who venture out to the Nadurra that much. Probably more because it is a slightly heftier taste. Nice thoughts there

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - smoker guy - 01-16-2012 10:25 AM

(01-15-2012 10:52 PM)boomer Wrote:  Wow THATS stepping off the deep end! Not heard of too many brave folk who venture out to the Nadurra that much. Probably more because it is a slightly heftier taste. Nice thoughts there

No lie there Boomer. I'm recuperating still.Tongue I thought going for a run would help to sweat the dregs out, but ohh boy was I wrong. I shall keep it to one WEE dram of this stuff in the future.LOL!Big Grin

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Gungawoman - 01-16-2012 12:36 PM

Is it wrong that I think Macallan by itself is a bit much (maybe I need to drink more of it at a time-haha), but Macallan and Coke is REALLY good? Big Grin

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - smoker guy - 01-16-2012 01:01 PM

(01-16-2012 12:36 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  Is it wrong that I think Macallan by itself is a bit much (maybe I need to drink more of it at a time-haha), but Macallan and Coke is REALLY good? Big Grin

Not at all. Its all in how it tastes best for you. I drink single malt neat, but I've been told repeatedly I should drink it with ice, this just makes it taste watered down to me. The only thing I will add while drinking it is dark chocolate( I eat while drinking)...it enhances the flavor to me. Cool

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Boomer - 01-16-2012 07:28 PM

Its not wrong at all GW. ITs your palatte thats your guide. Some folks will add a dab of distilled water. Some add some other mixer - but its your personal preference. I prefer neat, like sg. I dont like anything even near it. No ice no water nothing, but thats my palatte. You might find it has a more unique flavor with a mix of something, or on ice. I have also been told that it really belongs over ice, but being more of a purist I choose not to. Ive tried it that way and it totally changes the flavors and aromas. Another suggestion is if you like it neat use a sniffing glass to bring out the aromas in the blend. I believe drinking a single malt is as much about aroma as it is flavors.

What matters is that you enjoy the drink!

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Nung - 02-02-2012 01:09 PM

Lately I am enchanted with The Balvenie Doublewood and The Balvenie Caribbean Cask. Delightful!