Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Wine, Beer, Cocktails, Beverage and Food Combinations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night (/showthread.php?tid=400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Boomer - 02-02-2012 08:10 PM

Balvenie Double Wood was my first single malt about 5 years ago. One of my all time favs. Little warmer than some, but sure tastes good and a very pleasant aroma.

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - RaoulDuke - 02-04-2012 05:56 PM

Got my first bottle of The Macallan Cask Strength this week. How can 59% be so smooth? Little sips followed by big smiles.

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Nung - 02-06-2012 10:46 AM

My latest tastes:

Glenfiddich 15: WOW! A real benchmark for what a Scotch should taste like. SUPERB!

Spice Tree: WOW! A blend of three singles...big, flavorful, spicy, complex...wonderful!

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Nung - 03-19-2012 02:50 PM

Due to St Patrick's Day I finally got around to purchasing a bottle of Redbreast 12 Irish whiskey which is very highly thought of in Scotch circles. I was very pleased; it is rich and complex. Truly worth the effort if any of you Scotch fans want to try an Irish whiskey.

Yum!

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Boomer - 03-19-2012 06:51 PM

Never had that before ....in fact, I've never even SEEN it around these parts.

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - knitterbookbinder - 03-19-2012 07:48 PM

(03-19-2012 02:50 PM)Nung Wrote:  Due to St Patrick's Day I finally got around to purchasing a bottle of Redbreast 12 Irish whiskey which is very highly thought of in Scotch circles. I was very pleased; it is rich and complex. Truly worth the effort if any of you Scotch fans want to try an Irish whiskey.

Yum!

I'm with Boomer, I've never seen it before either.

On my way home Saturday, I stopped in at the best purveyor of Scotch here and ended up having a lovely conversation with the department manager.

Yes, they have a manager just for Scotch! He goes over several times a year, buying casks, arranging for bottling, etc. I could sure use a gig like that....

At any rate, we stood in front of the Macallan section, a tightly packed, ten-foot long shelf, with everything from the cask-strength and 25-year-old on down. If I ever win the big lottery, I'm going to go in there and buy several cases....

Big Grin

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Boomer - 03-19-2012 07:52 PM

I think I would get woozy from standing there with all that in front of me.

Would love a case of 25 year, but I'd have to put it in a safety lock box. A REALLY BIG one.

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - 2Beers - 03-19-2012 07:57 PM

Well Boomer you could always train Figaro to be your security "panther" like in the Geico commercials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDg8VjOniwU

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Boomer - 03-19-2012 08:08 PM

Well...he DOES have the FANGS for it. And the LOOK?

RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Fireman - 03-19-2012 08:10 PM

I have been trained in many forms of forcible entry. Better bring a really big Lock.