Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Share with us tales of journeys involving travel, food and music. (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: It's Show Time! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge (/showthread.php?tid=530)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Entre Nous - 06-28-2011 03:29 PM

(06-27-2011 09:03 PM)boomer Wrote:  
(06-27-2011 05:21 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  "Class Picture" LOL I like it!
(06-27-2011 05:06 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  A "Class Picture" @ the KGON booth?Big Grin
I don't know if we'll be there that early, but we can try!

I like it! Big Grin

The traffic from Portland northbound at that hour is ridiculous at best. That's the only reason I'm going so early Wink I take the 205 because it merges into I-5 just south of the Amph exit, skipping the Delta Park bottleneck south of the Interstate bridge. Stay with I-5 if you're carpooling: there's an HOV lane, and even though you'll have a slowdown at Delta Park/Jantzen Beach, it generally opens right up as soon as you're over the bridge past Fourth Plain and SR 500.

And Bageleth, the new and improved Voodoo is open! Woo Hoo!

Now I am REALLY homesick! I understood those directions so well.

Wait - since when did they put in an HOV lane? That wasnt there...well, nevermind. Too long ago I think.

Aww Boomer Smile IIRC, they designated the inner left lane HOV while rehabbing the Interstate Bridge nearly 10 years ago. It begins at the east end of the Fremont Bridge and ends just south of Jantzen Beach.

One more traffic update for those heading up from the south: Britney Spears is playing the Rose Garden (I-5 downtown) and Edgefield is hosting My Morning Jacket (I-84 Troutdale) so allow for even more traffic on the freeways this afternoon into early evening...

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Entre Nous - 06-29-2011 03:03 PM

What a great night! Meeting Bagel, Hannibal, Hardware Grl and her husband Dan was a blast! I look forward to getting together again Big Grin
Both Bagel and Grl took class pictures which I'm sure they'll post later.

Along with another amazing show, I just have to say all my Rush dreams came true last night. First, my guy surprised me with a meet 'n' greet pass. Michael and his team have that down to an art, and thank goodness I didn't have time to make a babbling fool of myself LOL

Then, during the second set, someone gave me sticks Blush I was watching Alex and felt something handed to me, and then the BF says "You got sticks!" It happened so fast. I still can't believe it. They are treasured. Thank you Neil.

Here's a link to my oh-so-amateur photo album of the show:

http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss261/WoodDragon0320/RUSH%20Time%20Machine%206%2028%2011/

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - HardwareGrl - 06-29-2011 03:28 PM

(06-29-2011 03:03 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  What a great night! Meeting Bagel, Hannibal, Hardware Grl and her husband Dan was a blast! I look forward to getting together again Big Grin

Along with another amazing show, I just have to say all my Rush dreams came true last night. First, my guy surprised me with a meet 'n' greet pass. Michael and his team have that down to an art, and thank goodness I didn't have time to make a babbling fool of myself LOL

Then, during the second set, someone gave me sticks Blush I was watching Alex and felt something handed to me, and then the BF says "You got sticks!" It happened so fast. I still can't believe it. They are treasured. Thank you Neil.

http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss261/WoodDragon0320/RUSH%20Time%20Machine%206%2028%2011/

(Sharp intake of breath....)
You got sticks?
Awwww, last night was great, wasn't it?Big Grin

I had a great time meeting Bagel and Entre! Two great gals, and I hope we will get together again soon!
I will report, thanks to a certain someone,Blush I met the KGON Fairy, and they took my tickets away from me and gave me two box seat passes for the show!
That was about as amazing as it comes, I can tell you!
I am so glad we will get a second shot at seeing the show at the Gorge, my nephews are very keyed up, they can hardly wait to go! (Clapping hands with glee!)

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Mufasa - 06-29-2011 03:46 PM

(06-29-2011 03:03 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  Here's a link to my oh-so-amateur photo album of the show:

Can't get to this set of pics

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Entre Nous - 06-29-2011 03:54 PM

oops! I'lll go change the setting again. Sorry Mufasa!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Gungawoman - 06-29-2011 04:06 PM

(06-29-2011 03:03 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  What a great night! Meeting Bagel, Hannibal, Hardware Grl and her husband Dan was a blast! I look forward to getting together again Big Grin

WOW! What a night you had! Great pics, and sticks too!!!!!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Entre Nous - 06-29-2011 04:09 PM

(06-29-2011 03:28 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  (Sharp intake of breath....)
You got sticks?
Awwww, last night was great, wasn't it?Big Grin

I had a great time meeting Bagel and Entre! Two great gals, and I hope we will get together again soon!
I will report, thanks to a certain someone,Blush I met the KGON Fairy, and they took my tickets away from me and gave me two box seat passes for the show!
That was about as amazing as it comes, I can tell you!
I am so glad we will get a second shot at seeing the show at the Gorge, my nephews are very keyed up, they can hardly wait to go! (Clapping hands with glee!)

I will never forget it. The whole evening was just brilliant Big Grin

I'm excited for you! I wish I could make that road trip. The kids are going to have sooo much fun!

There were some people in the grass happy to meet that Fairy too Wink
(06-29-2011 04:06 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  WOW! What a night you had! Great pics, and sticks too!!!!!

Thanks, Gungawoman Smile I just got that camera and I'm still figuring it out...along with how to use Photobucket LOL

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Boomer - 06-29-2011 05:10 PM

Total rock on Entre! Glad you enjoyed the show as did all y'all!

Maybe the next show I might have to try something else for sticks. My current method of shouting and dancing aint working!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - CplRADAR - 06-29-2011 05:26 PM

Golly - the last show I went to I had to use a telescope to see the band. And sticks too! Thats really neato!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Entre Nous - 06-29-2011 05:30 PM

(06-29-2011 05:10 PM)boomer Wrote:  Total rock on Entre! Glad you enjoyed the show as did all y'all!

Maybe the next show I might have to try something else for sticks. My current method of shouting and dancing aint working!

Thanks Boomer! I guess having my picture taken with Ged and Alex in my B&G shirt and being front row center helped some, but I really was shocked when it happened Blush I know Brutus mentioned it last year, but I wore mine so Bagel and Grl could spot me. Mine and Grl's were the only B&G shirts I saw.

I do want to see video of that dancing you do! LOL