Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Share with us tales of journeys involving travel, food and music. (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: It's Show Time! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge (/showthread.php?tid=530)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Boomer - 06-30-2011 10:35 AM

Hey - a guy's gotta make a living! Just following a pattern here, that has been developed over many years of careful thought and planning. At least I won't have to change any initials or anything!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Entre Nous - 06-30-2011 10:47 AM

Great pics, Bagel! I loved that hat Cool LOL @ "Boomer's"

Did you find any treasures at Powell's, and did you visit Voodoo?

That traffic out of the Amph seemed even worse than usual. I listened to Moving Pictures in it's entirety again before I got off the fairgrounds!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Bageleth - 06-30-2011 11:07 AM

We didn't make it to Voodoo this time. My husby did find a book at Powells and we had some coffee while we browsed. That place is rather overwhelming if you don't have a list of what you're looking for.

We did ride the cable car from OHSU to the waterfront and back, and we did stop at OMSI. I didn't get to see the submarine as that and all of the other attractions each had their own extra admission charge separate from the GA. Maybe the next time. We ended our visit with dinner at Bluehour restaurant.

I guess this was kind of funny, even though, I knew that at some point that a cannon and fireworks would be set off, and even though my husby told me that it would happen just before it did, I was still startled. For the next tour, he wants to try to get a front row seat, so I'll probably be really startled then, lol.

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Boomer - 06-30-2011 12:58 PM

Hey - I'm surprised the sight of the name on a Bar & Grill didnt startle you!

Powells is like book heaven. Next time have a list.....that place has practically every book you could ever want. I have ordered a surveying book or two from Powells. Don't feel bad about the cannon fire - last year at Minneapolis the first time it went off I jumped out of my seat about three feet. The guy behind me just started laughing like a madman!

Tongue

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Entre Nous - 06-30-2011 01:22 PM

Very nice. You squeezed a lot in for a short visit! I haven't been to Bluehour yet, but it's on my list.

Nah, you'll remember it...and you'll be amazed at how HOT the fire is from that close.

Big Grin Boomer! You funny!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Bageleth - 06-30-2011 04:31 PM

I will definitely take a list with me for the next Powell's visit. Yes, there were definitely some books there that I've never seen before, and probably woudn't buy lol. However, you're right Boomer, it's a "book Heaven". I even found a little book about the history of the small town that I grew up in!

Entre Nous, I could feel the heat from that fire back in the middle section!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - HardwareGrl - 06-30-2011 07:16 PM

As I will be leaving for The Gorge Show tomorrow afternoon and will have limited internet access, do those going to the show want to meet for another class picture?
I'm willing to pass on my cell phone number in a pm for texting purposes...Big Grin

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Gungawoman - 06-30-2011 07:28 PM

Great pics, Bagel. I'm glad you all had a good time and got to meet each other (and certain band members). I like to see pics of who I'm talking to here Smile

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - 2Beers - 07-01-2011 10:32 AM

Very nice picture of you gals! It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Entre Nous - 07-01-2011 01:39 PM

We did have fun, and I hope some other folks in these parts will take up Hardware Grl's invitation. I'd love to see another class picture Smile