Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Share with us tales of journeys involving travel, food and music. (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: It's Show Time! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge (/showthread.php?tid=530)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Brutus - 07-04-2011 05:04 PM

Sounds like it was a memorable experience. The Gorge has always been my favorite venue. The last time they allowed my purty tush in the States was Test For Echo.....then the merde hit the fan. I'll never forget, after a long hot day, pulling into what is surely the most unique concert venue of 'em all. It also did not hurt a bit to spend a wonderful half hour in a hot tub overlooking the river from that amazing vista. But I was with y'all in spirit. Over the next few days I'm going to start putting together that photo sharing site...still working on how I'll do it. But one thing I am considering is setting up a dedicated place within that site for fans to share their pics too. I think that would be cool. Still working on how I'll do that too. Nice to be back and catch up with everyone. Seems like we have a great group of people with whom to share and interact. Whew! Nearly ended that sentence with a prepostion. Bubba wouda bin all over me, sayin'? Peace all and hope everyone southside hade a great 4th.

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - HardwareGrl - 07-04-2011 05:57 PM

Only just able to get back online, what a weekend....
The Gorge show was fabulous, perfect weather, perfect show. It was great to see the guys again so soon after the Sleep Country show.
The nephews had a blast, though the younger one confessed that at first he didn't get why someone would pay so much for a ticket to a live show when you can download a song off of iTunes and have it for always. (Maybe he has something there...? LOL!)Tongue
My group was up in GA, and had a great view of the Columbia River, the stage, and the PEOPLE! GREAT people watching! Some very profesional Air Druming going on!Big Grin
I don't know if Snapdad and Sythe could see from down on the floor, but someone moored a boat across the river and when it got dark they started shooting off fireworks! It wasn't a profesional show, but it was someone who definately knew what they were doing! Great fun to watch with the music!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Snapdad - 07-05-2011 01:22 AM

(07-04-2011 02:47 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  oh please do post them!
Use your photo hosting site though.

Ok. Let me know if this werks. Still having fun reflecting back to the day. It was a great weekend and a fantastic way to cap off a really busy week.

I just did a bulk upload to my skydrive, but I haven't shared this link with anyone, and more than likely won't. So, I haven't gone through the album and weeded out the less quality flicks, but there are a few in there that are alright.

Clickety.

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Boomer - 07-05-2011 06:49 AM

I like the Blue Drummer!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Bageleth - 07-05-2011 09:15 AM

Great pics Snapdad!

I have never been to the Gorge, but judging from what I've seen in the pics, it's lovely!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Nettie - 07-05-2011 09:20 AM

Snapdad, I like you pictures, especially the smiling Geddy, all of your Alex picturesBig Grin, and as Boomer said, the blue drummer.

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - NWoBHM - 07-05-2011 11:37 AM

Great photo`s. Does it say "Real Time, Half Time Bass Time and ........Sausage Time behind Ged?

Sausage Time???Big Grin Are they making reference to Blackadder and the Prince Regent....when he is wooing his bride on the balcony??

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Snapdad - 07-05-2011 11:59 AM

I think it has multiple meanings. Smile

Glad you liked the flicks.

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Rey - 07-05-2011 12:00 PM

Can't see them. Huh

Wants some kind of name and password. Wants to track me or something to look at pictures. Undecided

(07-05-2011 01:22 AM)Snapdad Wrote:  
(07-04-2011 02:47 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  oh please do post them!
Use your photo hosting site though.

Ok. Let me know if this werks. Still having fun reflecting back to the day. It was a great weekend and a fantastic way to cap off a really busy week.

I just did a bulk upload to my skydrive, but I haven't shared this link with anyone, and more than likely won't. So, I haven't gone through the album and weeded out the less quality flicks, but there are a few in there that are alright.

Clickety.

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - burma.girl - 07-05-2011 12:01 PM

Sweeeet Snapdad! Was that a stick toss I saw in there? Noice. And I wonder if NEP realizes that Starman's arse is hov'rin over his head... Big Grin

More pics, Bubbapeeps! As someone mentioned before, it's fun to see the faces of people we're "talking to" here!