Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Share with us tales of journeys involving travel, food and music. (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: It's Show Time! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge (/showthread.php?tid=530)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Snapdad - 07-05-2011 12:20 PM

Yeah, I wanted to get a stick toss flick. There's a blurry one where a stick is caught pretty much behind his head, which then lead to some commentary with Gump on the sidelines. I think someone was on a mission that night. Lots of stick tossing. Why not? Last night of the show, give 'em a whirl!

Though I was 21 rows back, I managed to get a tossed t-shirt, too! So awesome. I wasn't really watching for some reason, and my wife jumped up and then I felt something hit my left leg. I looked down and under the seat was a t-shirt. Yay! What a gift! Now, I can proudly proclaim that 'Nobody beats my sausage!'

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - NWoBHM - 07-05-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:'Nobody beats my sausage!'

Oh er MissusBig Grin Woof Woof.

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Scythe Matters - 07-05-2011 04:48 PM

Thanks snapdad!! Great shots! You managed to get my friend in 2 of them - along the rail overlooking the river, the lady in the burnt orange tank top. It was her first Rush show, too.

Here's a link to my pics from both the Gorge and the Vancouver BC shows (warning, the Vancouver shots are quite Alex heavy):

Rush 2011

No, I didn't see the boat-based fireworks display. Oh well, I had better things to watch Wink

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Brutus - 07-05-2011 05:27 PM

I sent "Scythe Matters"'s review and pics to Bubba. Here's a bit of what he had to say. Just sayin', he doesn't miss much from that perch of his:

Wow -- what a great review!

Truth to tell, it WAS an especially good show, and while my solo wasn't any longer than usual (it's always about 8' 30"), the "delivery" was very ASSERTIVE.

I wouldn't mind if you could let that clever person ("Scythe Matters" -- heh-heh-heh -- and the "steampunk goggles" one of them is sporting), that I did indeed see that sign, and found it "delightful unto my sight."
I told Michael and Kevin about that sign, and other good ones, at the break, and asked them to be on the lookout for all of them, and get a pair of sticks to the creators.
However, they couldn't find the "SNOWDANCE" one.
(Unfortunately, people often give up by the start of the second set, when that's the most likely time my boyz'll be trying to "stick" 'em.)

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - burma.girl - 07-05-2011 05:51 PM

Comments so nice, Brutus had to post 'em twice! WTG Scythe!!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Gungawoman - 07-05-2011 06:00 PM

(07-05-2011 11:37 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Great photo`s. Does it say "Real Time, Half Time Bass Time and ........Sausage Time behind Ged?

Sausage Time???Big Grin Are they making reference to Blackadder and the Prince Regent....when he is wooing his bride on the balcony??

Isn't the sausage thing from Alex in the Time Machine video???

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - oogustus - 07-05-2011 06:27 PM

This marks my first post here at The Grill. I make a bit of a road trip outta Rush concerts. Especially at the Gorge. I camped out about 50 miles away, alone, for a couple of days, expressly for the solitude, to decompress from work and to finally read a book that I've been saving for when I was "ready". Friday evening I cooked a steak and a can o' beans over the campfire with a bottle of Laphroaig-my favorite Scotch, and the company of Bubba and Brutus (albeit several years ago) in "Ghost Rider". I finished it Saturday afternoon (the book, not the bottle) just prior to the concert. Bubba said it always seems to rain in WA when they're here. Not this time, Sunny and Clear, in the upper 80's, was too hot to cook and I haven't imbibed at a Rush concert since the 80's, too much to see. I believe in "Magical" shows because I experienced it at The Gorge in George Washington (right next to Martha, WA).
Brutus, I was kinda hoping that you had clearance to visit by now. Was hoping that Mr. J E Taylor could have taken you to The Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie, a proper "Scooter Trash kinda place", since they were in the neighborhood. From your recent post, I see such is not in the cards. I've been dining there since my youth, particularly the multi-course breakfast. Now I'm hungry.
Regards to all in the Grill.

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Bageleth - 07-05-2011 06:58 PM

Great pics Scythe!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Scythe Matters - 07-06-2011 12:58 AM

(07-05-2011 05:27 PM)Brutus Wrote:  I sent "Scythe Matters"'s review and pics to Bubba. Here's a bit of what he had to say. Just sayin', he doesn't miss much from that perch of his:

Wow -- what a great review!

Truth to tell, it WAS an especially good show, and while my solo wasn't any longer than usual (it's always about 8' 30"), the "delivery" was very ASSERTIVE.

I wouldn't mind if you could let that clever person ("Scythe Matters" -- heh-heh-heh -- and the "steampunk goggles" one of them is sporting), that I did indeed see that sign, and found it "delightful unto my sight."
I told Michael and Kevin about that sign, and other good ones, at the break, and asked them to be on the lookout for all of them, and get a pair of sticks to the creators.
However, they couldn't find the "SNOWDANCE" one.
(Unfortunately, people often give up by the start of the second set, when that's the most likely time my boyz'll be trying to "stick" 'em.)

Oh, I'm so glad that he saw the sign!! (My daughter is blithering right now- that was her with the goggles Big Grin) I tried to find Michael during Intermission (I have a gift for him, too) but I guess he was looking for me! D'oh! Isn't that just like ol' Murphy to mess with us?

I would be happy to send the sign to Bubba. Truth to tell we really did make it for him. Just let us know which way to get it going.....

Thanks Brutus; you're a dear. And thanks Bubba for 2 wonderful shows Cool
(07-05-2011 06:27 PM)oogustus Wrote:  This marks my first post here at The Grill. I make a bit of a road trip outta Rush concerts. Especially at the Gorge. I camped out about 50 miles away, alone, for a couple of days, expressly for the solitude, to decompress from work and to finally read a book that I've been saving for when I was "ready". Friday evening I cooked a steak and a can o' beans over the campfire with a bottle of Laphroaig-my favorite Scotch, and the company of Bubba and Brutus (albeit several years ago) in "Ghost Rider". I finished it Saturday afternoon (the book, not the bottle) just prior to the concert. Bubba said it always seems to rain in WA when they're here. Not this time, Sunny and Clear, in the upper 80's, was too hot to cook and I haven't imbibed at a Rush concert since the 80's, too much to see. I believe in "Magical" shows because I experienced it at The Gorge in George Washington (right next to Martha, WA).
Brutus, I was kinda hoping that you had clearance to visit by now. Was hoping that Mr. J E Taylor could have taken you to The Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie, a proper "Scooter Trash kinda place", since they were in the neighborhood. From your recent post, I see such is not in the cards. I've been dining there since my youth, particularly the multi-course breakfast. Now I'm hungry.
Regards to all in the Grill.

Welcome to the Grill Smile

It was indeed, magical. I'm just sorry I couldn't find more of the B&G people there.

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - OrionGal - 07-06-2011 07:01 AM

Great pics Snapdad, and Scythe, and nice sign too! Smile

I had to agree with what Geddy said at the end of that show - it was an effing awesome tour. I had thought so from a fan perspective already, and I'm glad they thought so too. I took a long-time fan but show 'virgin' to the New Orleans show with me, and he's still talking about it.

For me it was the first time I'd purposely traveled for three shows on the tour; I'd caught 3 shows before on the RTB tour, but the Navy facilitated two of those (I was stationed in Memphis and about to transfer when they played there; and I transferred to Mountain View, CA just in time to catch the show at Shoreline, as well as having caught the show in Dallas earlier while home on leave). All I can say is that it was well worth it. I cannot remember any shows going by as fast as those seemed to, feeling like they went by in mere moments rather than hours - the third just as much so as the first. Simply awesome.