Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Share with us tales of journeys involving travel, food and music. (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: It's Show Time! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge (/showthread.php?tid=530)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Entre Nous - 07-07-2011 12:19 PM

Very cool, Snapdad!
Very cool, Snapdad!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - burma.girl - 07-07-2011 11:19 PM

Just perusing some of John Arrowsmith's photos from The Gorge....

Scythe, izzat you holding the Snowdance sign w/your daughter?

Work it, grrrrl!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Scythe Matters - 07-07-2011 11:31 PM

(07-07-2011 11:19 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  Just perusing some of John Arrowsmith's photos from The Gorge....

Scythe, izzat you holding the Snowdance sign w/your daughter?

Work it, grrrrl!

Big Grin

Oh yeah! I just found out that the Snowdance sign had made it onto the Rush.com site. Howzabout that? Cool

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Snapdad - 07-08-2011 11:29 AM

It's cool that all the final show flicks are all just fans. Smile

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Entre Nous - 07-08-2011 01:36 PM

Sorry for the double up above Blush

Really cool sign, Scythe, and congrats Smile

I wonder how many shows the Moving Guys saw. They were really nice, and posed for pictures with anyone who asked. They were right down the row from us and tried to bring a young fan (10-ish) to the front for a song during the second set, and the Amph security wouldn't let them. I understand why, but he was just a kid and the guys were trying to do something special for him...

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - RN-PRN - 07-09-2011 08:22 AM

Very cool sign , Scythe!!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Mufasa - 07-09-2011 07:09 PM

(07-06-2011 07:01 AM)OrionGal Wrote:  I cannot remember any shows going by as fast as those seemed to, feeling like they went by in mere moments rather than hours - Simply awesome.

Glad to see that someone shared exactly the thoughts I had after the August
show here in Oz.
Honestly, it was my first show, even though I have followed the music since 1976. I tried to take it all in and file it under "Never forget this moment", but of course bits and pieces always do slip away.
I have always believed that perhaps it is best not to open that door, to simply keep the mental picture that you have held for years, so as not to be disappointed by learning the truth of something... or someone.
The fellas, and the show, were all that I had believed to be true and much more.
I certainly hope that the "itch" continues for them for quite some time to come.

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Scythe Matters - 08-27-2011 05:09 PM

Someone at the Gorge show got this fantastic video of Bubba's drum solo. If you want to see what he meant by an "aggressive attack", give it a watch:

http://youtu.be/Uv4OaZ6hKEY

Wonderful Big Grin

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - Boomer - 08-27-2011 05:31 PM

The thing that strikes me about this video is watch his eyes....they almost always look where, and I think he has said this - "where he is going to, not where he is or was" on the set. There is a valuable lesson in that not just on the drum set, if I could only get my oldest to learn that!!!

RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge - smoker guy - 08-27-2011 08:38 PM

Yes Boomer, I read a variation of this in the Late Great Ayrton Senna book on racing, he said that as he entered a corner he was already thinking of the next corner ahead and how to go thru it. A life lesson again from two greats. I was just sent back a year ago to the MN State Fair and this solo. The great thing was the guy to the right of me stated..."Here we go." It was his first Rush concert and he was Mondo EXCITED! Thank You Scythe for the link...I wa just hit with a wave of memories of this concert!Cool