Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
The breakfast smoothie my wife makes - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Wine, Beer, Cocktails, Beverage and Food Combinations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The breakfast smoothie my wife makes (/showthread.php?tid=542)

The breakfast smoothie my wife makes - Snapdad - 03-10-2011 07:03 PM

A handful of kale, one banana, a few frozen strawberries, 1 TBS ground flax seed, 1 TBS wheat grass powder, almond milk. Blend and drink.

Stuff looks gross, like the smoky puke of a hobo, but it actually tastes really good, and it's good for you. Thanks, dear!

RE: The breakfast smoothie my wife makes - Bageleth - 03-10-2011 07:07 PM

The "smoky puke of a hobo"? LOL I hope that it smells better than it looks. It sounds really healthy, maybe I'll try it sometime..............

RE: The breakfast smoothie my wife makes - Snapdad - 03-11-2011 12:53 AM

How it looks, not how it smells, thankfully. Try it, I think you'll like it.

RE: The breakfast smoothie my wife makes - Sunset - 10-12-2013 11:35 AM

I do basically the same thing. Sometimes spinach instead of kale, usually a big handful of blueberries, about 30g whey protein, and sometimes 1Tbs of non-hydrolyzed peanut butter. I purchased almond milk to use in the smoothies once, but after reading the list of ingredients I threw it out. Now I just use a cup of water, or coconut water and about 25 raw almonds.

Like you say...looks revolting, but tastes great!

RE: The breakfast smoothie my wife makes - burma.girl - 12-15-2013 05:05 PM

(03-10-2011 07:03 PM)Snapdad Wrote:  Stuff looks gross, like the smoky puke of a hobo...

Sounds fab! But I think the marketing dept may need to rethink "Hobo Puke Smoothie..." Wink