Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
02-04-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: What are you listening to?
(02-04-2012 12:35 PM)boomer Wrote:  Cow jazz this morning. Woke up with a killer headache that wont go away. Feeling a little down in the dumps.

Maybe I'll toss some polka music on later!

I'll bite----what is "cow jazz"?

Polka music is good for getting rid of headaches!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Country - perish the mention in here, but I do listen to country on occassion. Ive been getting a lot of stress headaches lately so sometimes it helps to have something a bit calmer on. Ok a lot calmer.

Its either that or Yanni and I'll zonk out like a drunk sailor if I do that! Wait...can I even SAY that in here??? Somebody call the Pink Police!Big Grin

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2012, 07:38 PM
(02-04-2012 03:30 PM)boomer Wrote:  Country - perish the mention in here, but I do listen to country on occassion. Ive been getting a lot of stress headaches lately so sometimes it helps to have something a bit calmer on. Ok a lot calmer.

Its either that or Yanni and I'll zonk out like a drunk sailor if I do that! Wait...can I even SAY that in here??? Somebody call the Pink Police!Big Grin

Pink Police here, Boomer! You are banished to the corner for a period not to exceed 30 minutes. Any more mention of the "Y" word, and punishment will be multiplied exponentially! TO THE CORNER! Big Grin (yes, you can take your Macallan with you)

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
02-04-2012, 09:45 PM
(02-04-2012 07:38 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  
(02-04-2012 03:30 PM)boomer Wrote:  Country - perish the mention in here, but I do listen to country on occassion. Ive been getting a lot of stress headaches lately so sometimes it helps to have something a bit calmer on. Ok a lot calmer.

Pink Police here, Boomer! You are banished to the corner for a period not to exceed 30 minutes. Any more mention of the "Y" word, and punishment will be multiplied exponentially! TO THE CORNER! Big Grin (yes, you can take your Macallan with you)

He gets the cushy recliner over there, and a sleep mask too.

02-05-2012, 03:51 AM
Somebody get that man some Mannheim Steamroller... the old stuff, not the loud holiday stuff. Or maybe some classical?

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
02-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Hmmmm....maybe some Brahms lullaby?Tongue. Could be worse. I've got some aroma therapy music playing in the truck as we are heading home from the U.P.(maybe I should put on some 5Finger Death Punch instead).

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
02-05-2012, 12:11 PM
WHOA! Thats ...oh nevermind!

Just got finished watching "Metal Evolution: Progressive Rock" with my oldest daughter. She has apparently been recording this whole series, probably because its her way of connecting with her old man. Most of the bands on there I get...obviously the Boys made front line, but a couple of those were not EXACTLY what I would classify as progressive, but hey - to each their own I guess. My daughter asks one thing of Ol Bubba: Can you grow that MOUSTACHE BACK?

On to my POLKA music. EYNS TSVEY DRAY DUPA!!!!

02-05-2012, 06:25 PM
(02-05-2012 12:11 PM)boomer Wrote:  WHOA! Thats ...oh nevermind!

Just got finished watching "Metal Evolution: Progressive Rock" with my oldest daughter. She has apparently been recording this whole series, probably because its her way of connecting with her old man. Most of the bands on there I get...obviously the Boys made front line, but a couple of those were not EXACTLY what I would classify as progressive, but hey - to each their own I guess. My daughter asks one thing of Ol Bubba: Can you grow that MOUSTACHE BACK?

On to my POLKA music. EYNS TSVEY DRAY DUPA!!!!

I've also watched the entire series - very fascinating, even for someone who hasn't been a big fan of metal (with a few exceptions...). Really enjoyed the final episode, couldn't help but feel a sense of pride during the segments featuring a certain Canadian Polka trio... Tongue

And I agree w/daughter, Boomski.....what I wouldn't give to see the iconic Bubba Pimpstache make a comeback!

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
02-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Wilco was on Austin City Limits last night. Never really listened to them and have never seen a performance. These guys are sharp man.

"One ounce perception...One pound obscure"
02-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Told her about a certain song on the second record...."I Think I'm Going Bald"....and she just blurted out something about "Aren't they already there pop?"

The things that come out of the mouthes of babes I tellya!