Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My quilt is a very, very, very fine quilt
09-15-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: My quilt is a very, very, very fine quilt
Working fine here Brutus. Dang, that is a very fine quilt! I particularly like the panel with the blueberry muffins, and the one with the old diner sign. Overall it all looks really nice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2012, 10:55 AM
OK, here we go. Please forgive any omissions, it won't be personal! I guess first on the list I should give kudos to Sara Reid, seemstress and quiltster extraordinare. Then in no particular order:
LuLu Belle
Beth (burma girl)
Brian
Steve (N'awlins)
Sharon (RN-PRN)
Jaime (Smoker Guy)
Barry (Fireman)
Cassie (2 beers. Extra mention for the rub! There's a pork shoulder calling my name!)
Linda (Knitterbookbinder)
Jeanette (nettiesaur)
Elizabeth (Bageleth)
Marilyn (Gungawoman)
Detroit Dan (Say hi to CBD and CBC at the show in Detroit!)
Alan (Boomer)
Steve and Monica
Charles (NeilBubbaChuck)
Michelle (Hardware Girl)
Morgan (Old Honda Rider)
Michael (Mufasa)
Kery (Scythe Matters)
Kerri (Canyon Dancer) and!!!!!

Tim across the pond (NWoBHM who will always in my mind be Northwest of Birmingham!)

PHEW!!!!!

Not sure who sent the little satchels (no, not the hairy kind!) of solstice/wikka/lucky charm stuff but we can all use a little help getting through life, eh?Let me know who you are please and if I've forgotten anyone please IM me k?

Thank you all so much. It's much more than this boy ever expected and I embrace the love.

BOX

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
09-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Oh! And I don't know who's idea the travel journal was but his escapades must be documented!
09-15-2012, 11:43 AM
(09-15-2012 10:55 AM)Brutus Wrote:  OK, here we go. Please forgive any omissions, it won't be personal! I guess first on the list I should give kudos to Sara Reid, seemstress and quiltster extraordinare. Then in no particular order:
LuLu Belle
Beth (burma girl)
Brian
Steve (N'awlins)
Sharon (RN-PRN)
Jaime (Smoker Guy)
Barry (Fireman)
Cassie (2 beers. Extra mention for the rub! There's a pork shoulder calling my name!)
Linda (Knitterbookbinder)
Jeanette (nettiesaur)
Elizabeth (Bageleth)
Marilyn (Gungawoman)
Detroit Dan (Say hi to CBD and CBC at the show in Detroit!)
Alan (Boomer)
Steve and Monica
Charles (NeilBubbaChuck)
Michelle (Hardware Girl)
Morgan (Old Honda Rider)
Michael (Mufasa)
Kery (Scythe Matters)
Kerri (Canyon Dancer) and!!!!!

Tim across the pond (NWoBHM who will always in my mind be Northwest of Birmingham!)

PHEW!!!!!

Not sure who sent the little satchels (no, not the hairy kind!) of solstice/wikka/lucky charm stuff but we can all use a little help getting through life, eh?Let me know who you are please and if I've forgotten anyone please IM me k?

Thank you all so much. It's much more than this boy ever expected and I embrace the love.

BOX

I can't wait to meet them and will say Hi.Cool

I eat, therefor I am.

2011 Ironman Lake Placid - Finisher
09-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Man - what a cool unit! I LOVE one of a kind stuff. Kudos to Sara for putting together such a schweet gift.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
09-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Must admit - the quilt does look very spectacular. Best get some in the Bubba Wares, so when we go to bed, we can be surrounded with our mates, and matesses.

North West of Brum!!

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2012, 07:21 PM
I believe that it may have been Scythe Matters who sent the satchels and journals. I seem to remember her talking about doing that.

That quilt is amazing!

And now I have that song in my head as well. I have 2x2 cats in the yard of my very fine house! You really can't go wrong with CSN&Y!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Awww, Brutus.....you're the best in OUR book! Such a very, very fine quilt it is, too! Heart hugs Heart

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
09-16-2012, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2012 12:14 PM by 2Beers.)
We are glad the quilt was to your liking and hope it keeps you warm and comfy on those cold nites in Cowfart. You'll have to let us know what you thought of the rub on your next culinary adventure as we know you are a little busy at the moment.:-)

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
09-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Good one Brutus!...glad you like it, hope it keeps you warm in your travels this winter! Must confess, I had to check out your Ganome pics too, now I've gotta buy a new laptop, coffee all over this one now!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"