Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Samhain!
10-30-2012, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2012 07:18 PM by SpaceCadet.)
RE: Samhain!
Awesome. It'll be awhile before I get over the Bryce 5 learning curve, so in lieu of a creation of my own here's my fave Halloween clip, from the mid-90s Sega Saturn game "Mr. Bones." Beer points to anyone who can correctly identify the late-great who played the part of the Blind Man...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBJBAI8bMuI

"Waiter...can you stop that noise? What you call 'music.' It sounds like dirty water. How can they eat food - and listen to ****?"
- Sabina (Lena Olin) in The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2012, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2012 07:44 PM by Mufasa.)
Montrose. Cadet - the only way I knew the relation is through a geek pal that lives for video games.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
10-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Dammit, nobody was supposed to know that. Angry

But to anyone even mildly interested in video gaming - and even though game technology has advanced significantly since - I recommend snagging a Sega Saturn on Ebay or wherever, just to play Mr. Bones.

The game is a hilarious instant-classic; RonMon did the whole soundtrack (also available on CD, not to mention ~ ahem! ~ on my radio station, URL of which is accessible via my profile,) and believe it or not the gameplay is incredibly difficult in spots. There's a stage called "Underwater Ride" which is the single most demanding, Musashi-zen play-by-sixth-sense thing I've ever done. It took me weeks to complete that one, and it's just Mr. B. swimming through an underwater tunnel with serious currents, trying not to touch the walls or any obstacles. Another called "The Icy Lake" messed with me for a full three months. I about had to check into rehab for the cumulative mental trauma.

"Waiter...can you stop that noise? What you call 'music.' It sounds like dirty water. How can they eat food - and listen to ****?"
- Sabina (Lena Olin) in The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Here's a link to the Samhain list: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/31...howAll=yes

It was really hard to type Andrew's name... Sad

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user