Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heelllooooo There!
01-18-2013, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2013 02:50 PM by gangsterfurious.)
Bug Heelllooooo There!
I get incredibly awkward when people say things like "So, tell me a little about yourself." Some of you may recognize me from the Rush Forum or I might be one of your Rush Family members on Facebook. *waves*

So let's see if I can pull this off...

The Appetizer | My husband has a few years on me and was attending Rush concerts in the Midwest before I was born, while he was still in high school. When I moved in with him he attempted to introduce me to Rush but this young grasshopper was definitely not ready. The first song he played for me was The Trees. My reaction? "What the f**k is this?" He then put Vapor Trails in after deciding maybe Hemispheres wasn't the best introductory album and Ghost Rider was the only song I liked. This happened not long after I asked him why we had a metal pentagram trivet in the kitchen. He tried to explain that it kind of looked like the star from 2112 and I wasn't having it. In my mind Rush = Satanic Canadian band for D&D players. There was not a Rush song played in our home for two more years (at least while I was around).

Soup or Salad? | Cut to two years later. My husband (then my fiance) sheepishly asks me if he can pop some Rush in. I roll my eyes and begrudgingly give him the go-ahead to listen to his favorite Canadian Satanists. The irony is that earlier that week I had prayed to God to help me find music that didn't make me feel like my brain cells were being taken out back and shot. He puts in Permanent Waves and The Spirit of Radio starts playing... I ask him to play it 4 more times before I move on to the rest of the album but can't get that one song out of my head (in a good way).

First Course | My husband tells me he thinks I'm ready to discover Rush (he's right), he also tells me that once I see Geddy Lee I'll instantly develop a huge crush (he's definitely right). Blush

I absorb Rush like a sponge after we get home from our day trip. I beg my husband to play more and it's all we listen to in the car that day. When we get home I download "Beyond the Lighted Stage" and start watching live performances on YouTube. I am in love HeartHeartHeart and feel like a complete moron for ever doubting my wise fiance.

The grasshopper is ready.

Second Course | Rush is now my favorite band... ever... period... done. I am committed for life. I download all of Neil's books and enjoy reading about his travels and journeys and will probably never be able to decide which Rush album is my favorite.

Dessert | My husband and I find out that Rush is touring Clockwork Angels in our home state a month after our wedding. I cancel part of our honeymoon, scoop up VIP packages and we see the three Southern California shows for the 2nd leg of our honeymoon, two of them from the front row. We are these dorks here...

http://www.rushshowphotos.com/Rush2012/S...&k=SxmX5BW

Yes, we got the sticks.

My fellow Rush fans have scooped me up and welcomed me into their arms and are some of the best people I have ever met. I am part of a big, wonderful family of smart, fun, amazing people that I would have never known had it not been for the music! I am convinced Rush fans are truly some of the best people on the planet.

Oh... and I really like cooking and baking, which is why I'm here at Bubba's.

I guess I could have just said that to begin with, huh? Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: Heelllooooo There!
Welcome Gangster.
As I am sure you learned at the show - there is no age limit with "The Fellas." They transcend bounderies and defy definition.
Never too late to step onboard. Entry fee is one pair of sticks... Wink

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
01-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Welcome Gangster,
never mind Muffy.
Admission is free.
Just watch out for the few who bite.Big Grin

01-18-2013, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2013 05:33 PM by gangsterfurious.)
(01-18-2013 03:19 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Welcome Gangster.
As I am sure you learned at the show - there is no age limit with "The Fellas." They transcend bounderies and defy definition.
Never too late to step onboard. Entry fee is one pair of sticks... Wink

Indeed. I was thrilled to be with all age groups and people from all walks of life. What a fun time we had.

I'll have to see about the sticks. I'm keeping my pair but will have to see if my husband will notice if his are missing. Wink
(01-18-2013 05:21 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Welcome Gangster,
never mind Muffy.
Admission is free.
Just watch out for the few who bite.Big Grin

No worries, I can bite back. Big Grin

Thanks for the welcome. Smile
01-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Welcome Ganster, come on in and take a tour of the Grill. Oh, and see RN for your shots Smile.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
01-19-2013, 02:51 AM
[Image: smiley-greet024.gif]

Welcome gangster! Great to have you here at the ol' B&G!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
01-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Okay Gangsta, just the facts
We are all maniacs in polyester slacks
Randomly interacting from Nome to Rome Ya dig?
We're not afraid of a little abstraction...or gangstas either!
So stand back, I have a violin case and I know how to use it! Big Grin

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
01-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Hey, gangster! Welcome to the fray! And only a few folks here bite...some nibble, and the rest are just plain crazy! Angel

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
01-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Hey gangster...You may wanna seek out our residnt physician non gratis RN for any shots you might need.

Prepare to dine on honey Dew.....and anything else in here for that matter...... Enjoy!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user