Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Montreal QC - Great Places
11-29-2013, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2014 05:08 PM by LiveToCook.)
Montreal QC - Great Places
My son recently took me to a small ''neighboorhood'' restaurant called ''Le Chien Fumant'' (The Smokin' Dog). This was a very interesting discovery. These guys do their smoking, drying of meats such as hams, sausages, ect... fresh sausages, meats, fish, sea food with all local products for meats. They can mix a very decent drink, have a very good wine list at a good price and all is ''fixed', in an excellent way with their own touch. They are very friendly and the service is great. Being a foodie, it is not easy for me to say good things about restaurants all the time. But this is Worth the detour if you ever spend an evening in Montréal, after a show. These guys are open 6 days(closed Mondays), from 6:00pm until 2:00 am and they have become a staff (bar & restaurant) destination.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 08:55 AM by LiveToCook.)
RE: Montreal QC - Great Places
As a continuation for Montréal.... The following establishments are as good as it gets... Smile
- Barbounya - A Turkish - North-American combination that are served as Mezzas (like Spanish tapas).
- Europea - High end French / fusion type... Excellent food...
- Ferreira Café = High End Portuguese, one of the top restaurants in Mtl... great seafood and excellent wines.
- F Café, little brother to the above, great food at great prices - (almost pub style)
- KanBai - 2 locations dowtown - Traditional chinese that is phenomenal.
- Impasto = Italian, very well done at a more than decent price.
- Joe Beef - for the best steaks and meats, outstanding oysters, even Anthony Bourdain loved it... Funny Crazy owners (good crazy). For the big appetites, you will not pull out hungry.
- Le P'tit Plateau - Excellent South of France food - Bring your own wine, one of my favorites
- Ice House - Texas style food done extremely well in a ''in and out'' style that is popular with the Young crowds, Noisy but Worth the experience... inexpensive for top notch food, Do not be scared of the line ups... It moves pretty fast!!
- More to come...
12-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Much of my family came from Montreal. I've always wanted to visit one day. I know I won't go hungry!!!! Thanks, LTC!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
12-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Don't forget Schwartz' Deli for the Smoked Meat (like pastrami but way better) and the wood fired bagels from St Viateur or Real Bagel
12-01-2013, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 08:11 PM by LiveToCook.)
(12-01-2013 06:16 PM)JrGtr42 Wrote:  Don't forget Schwartz' Deli for the Smoked Meat (like pastrami but way better) and the wood fired bagels from St Viateur or Real Bagel

Jr. Bravo for Schwartz (Céline Dion's restaurant now)... But for the bagels... Fairmount Bagels, wood fired as well, 24 hours, 365 days. There are just so many good places.

Gungawoman,
Impossible to go hungry in Montréal. There is just so much choice with all the different types of food from around the world.
12-02-2013, 09:52 PM
(12-01-2013 08:00 PM)LiveToCook Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 06:16 PM)JrGtr42 Wrote:  Don't forget Schwartz' Deli for the Smoked Meat (like pastrami but way better) and the wood fired bagels from St Viateur or Real Bagel

Jr. Bravo for Schwartz (Céline Dion's restaurant now)... But for the bagels... Fairmount Bagels, wood fired as well, 24 hours, 365 days. There are just so many good places.

Yeah, Celine is part owner... but as long as they don't touch the traditions of the place, I'm fine with it.
And yeah, there was a third bagel place I was forgetting the name of; it's Fairmount. That's where we would normally get them (or the shop in The Esposito in St Laurent) when we would visit my grandparents and uncles there in Montreal when I was a kid.