Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jeannine's Bakery Downtown Santa Barbara, CA
03-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Jeannine's Bakery Downtown Santa Barbara, CA
We were doing a little wine tasting in the Los Olivos/Santa Ynez area last year and took a chance on Jeannine's. At first I was a little bummed about the crowded, frenetic atmosphere...not my thing. But I soon found that the place is crowded because the food is EXCELLENT. Being a Hollandaise fanatic I had to go for the eggs ben with crab and was delighted to find they use only the chunk meat. Delicious...

[Image: b7b29c69-e123-4536-a535-57536fdad2b7_zps66960ce5.jpg]

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: Jeannine's Bakery Downtown Santa Barbara, CA
(03-10-2014 12:56 PM)Sunset Wrote:  We were doing a little wine tasting in the Los Olivos/Santa Ynez area last year and took a chance on Jeannine's. At first I was a little bummed about the crowded, frenetic atmosphere...not my thing. But I soon found that the place is crowded because the food is EXCELLENT. Being a Hollandaise fanatic I had to go for the eggs ben with crab and was delighted to find they use only the chunk meat. Delicious...

[Image: b7b29c69-e123-4536-a535-57536fdad2b7_zps66960ce5.jpg]
Looking at this.... makes me feel like having breakfast before going to bed!!!!! Goodnight, before I open the kitchen up....Big Grin
03-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Sunset - that looks like a meal fit for a king....or a professor.....or....

Several years ago I went up to St Paul Minnesota to the Downtowner Cafe. Several police officers were feasting there so we knew it was good. I got this 3 egg Cajun omelet, served with a hollandaise sauce. It was probably the best omelet I have ever had. Omelets to me are a true joy - very simple but darnright good home food you can be so very creative and fun with.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2014, 04:09 PM
(03-11-2014 08:16 PM)Boomer Wrote:  Omelets to me are a true joy - very simple but darnright good home food you can be so very creative and fun with.
Agreed!

Unfortunately, my omelets would be more at home in the Kitchen Disasters thread.Big Grin

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...