Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bahstun..er I mean Boston - 9/14/10
05-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Bahstun..er I mean Boston - 9/14/10
We're actually planning a pre-show meetup at The Black Rose - Irish Pub & Restaurant - 160 State Street, Boston, MA. Great atmosphere, great food and great drinks Smile We haven't set a time yet, but I'll have to say probably around 5:00/5:30 as the show starts at 7:30 and most of us like to get to the venue early Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2010, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2010 09:32 PM by JrGtr42.)
RE: Bahstun..er I mean Boston - 9/14/10
Ordered my ticket the other day. Smile Smile Smile
My pre-show plans will depend on when I get out of work... and how long it takes to brave 93 North to get there...
PLenty of time to worry about that stuff later though.
And the proper pronunciation is, "Bawwww-stin"
Find all posts by this user
05-25-2010, 10:31 PM
LOL depends on where you're from as to how you pronounce it lol - I'm from Nude Hampster Wink
05-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Ah, not enough time nor money. Would love to see them on my B-day... Sad
06-03-2010, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2010 09:07 PM by JrGtr42.)
Ah, from Cow Hampshire... that explans the accent... no prob...
It's actually interesting how the accent mutates as you move out of the city... and going south, say to Rhode Island, it becomes the bastard child of Boston and NEw York accents... in NH, above say Conway, it gets a bit of the Canadian twang to it...

Force10 - too bad... though time and money both can be scrounged...or win tickets on radio... most stations around here will be givinbg them out on and off..
08-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Okay, so we're actually planning a different venue for the pre-show meet-up than The Black Rose, as it's a little far away from the Garden. It's down to three places right near the Garden, Halftime Pizza, Boston Beer Works and DJ's Bar Boston - all restaurants that serve alcohol - that allow minors in, as there will be some next-gen band-fans going to the meet-up as well. I'll keep you all posted as to the final location and meet-up time as it's decided! Smile
08-18-2010, 11:18 AM
After hearing back from DJ's, and hearing that they take reservations, which is a huge plus in our favor, I think this is the place. Inexpensive, good menu, they take reservations, and it's a close walking distance to both the Garden and the Government Center parking garage. Plus I also read that they validate parking for the Government Center garage - not sure how that works if you have to buy in advance for event parking, but hey, it could get peeps a couple bucks off if we ask.

They told me to start calling after labor day weekend to make reservations, so I think we should all plan on calling on Tuesday to make our reservations....that way we definitely have our place there and won't get forced out by anyone just walking in off the street.

Here's their # 617.723.3222

Important note for those who are under 21 who are attending - you have to be seated at a table eating dinner (or some semblance of food). Most of these places right around the Garden are bars with restaurants in them, and only allow minors in if they are eating, seated at a table, so reservations must be made for you! Smile
08-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Wish I'd seen this a couple days earlier... would have plus 1'd for the Beer Works. just a block away from the Garden, good food, good beer (they make it on-site)
However, looking at the site for DJ's, it does look like a good choice as well.
If this is going to be a Forumite get together, would it make sense to have an idea of how many people will make it, and make the res for that many?
I don't know about exact timing, because of where I have to come from, I probably wouldn't make it there before 6:00 or 6:30, depending on traffic.
08-19-2010, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2010 11:03 PM by LakesideMaiden.)
(08-19-2010 10:44 AM)JrGtr42 Wrote:  Wish I'd seen this a couple days earlier... would have plus 1'd for the Beer Works. just a block away from the Garden, good food, good beer (they make it on-site)
However, looking at the site for DJ's, it does look like a good choice as well.
If this is going to be a Forumite get together, would it make sense to have an idea of how many people will make it, and make the res for that many?
I don't know about exact timing, because of where I have to come from, I probably wouldn't make it there before 6:00 or 6:30, depending on traffic.

Well, I wanted to avoid a whole group reservation for a few reasons; 1) we don't know exactly what time everyone will be getting there 2) there may be people just going there for just drinks, not food and wont require a table reservation 3) we can avoid any Large Group "20% automatically applied gratuity charge" and 4) avoid confusion with dividing up the bill. What I've been telling people is when they call to make their reservation is to have people ask for a table near the "Murray" table - which would be my table.

As far as the meetup time, a good portion of us will be leaving there around 6:45 to head to the venue - we like to get there early to get checked in, check out/purchase band swag and get to our seats before the show starts. The earlier you can get there the better Smile
09-13-2010, 09:03 PM
So!
T-minus less that 24 hours to go!!! Woo -hoo... ticket in wallet, check!
So that's good plans for potential meet-ups. I don';t know if I'll be able to make it in time, it depends on traffic, mostly. Judging by past performance it'll be close to 6:30 by the time I get there. If it's that close, I may just head inside... or hit BBW for a quick one.

Have fun, everyone going to Boston!!!