Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The cycling thread
06-20-2010, 12:39 AM
RE: The cycling thread
(05-20-2010 03:14 AM)Rushchick Wrote:  Good day! Are there any other bicycle riders here? I've seen motorcycle threads but no cycling threads! I am a big fan of cycling. I got into cycling after reading The Masked Rider back in 1997 or 1998. I am a roadie, but am kicking around the idea of maybe buying a mountain bike and hitting the trails occasionally. I have a '09 Trek Madone that I absolutely love! I've already got a century under my belt for the season, and have at least 2 or 3 more planned before September. I don't commute by bike (I should...I live less than a mile from work) but in the full swing of biking season I am riding 120 to 150 miles a week.

Any other "bikers" lurking on this board?

Well hello. My very tall (6'2") 15 year old is pleading for a bike. He is interested in distance riding on pavement so we are looking for a road model. Any direction on makes and models that are good for starters. Any hints on what to look for in hunting for a entry level bike would be greatly appreciated.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Just finished watching the finish of the first stage of the Tour de France. So many crashes in the final moments and a dog in the road earlier. Very exciting. The dog's OK too! As for entry level bikes I'm not sure but if I had the money I'd love to own a Cervelo and not JUST 'cause they're Canadian either:

http://www.cervelo.com/en_us/

Cervelo sponsors a team in the Tour.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
07-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Seems like dogs are always getting nailed. Too bad for both.

St. B, This company seems very serious about their product yet reasonable. Just what we are looking for. Canada makes everything better anyway. Well execpt baseball teams Go YanksWink

07-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Cervelo makes some great bikes, no doubt. They're one of the companies on my short list for my next bicycle:

Trek
Orbea
Cervelo
Scott

Normally, I get a chance to sit and watch parts of the Tour. Unfortunately, the holiday has had me hoppin' these past few days. Might have to hit up the web and see where I can track it down for a few stages...
10-09-2010, 12:13 AM
I started cycling recently and am training to do the AIDS/LifeCycle ride in 2011. I love it. It is a great distraction from the stresses of my law practice, and it is helping to whip me back into shape.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2010, 05:12 AM
Good job, Holly!
10-12-2010, 12:36 PM
A mate I go moutain biking with admitted the other day to wearing a "Mankini" as in the type of thing Borat wears, as a thermal layer. Then others admitted to wearing padded, ( and euphemistically called over here in the UK), "Budgie Smugglers". Not good at all - put me off my beer - I think this is taking cycling a bit too far!!
10-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Ohohoh I want one!

10-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Quote:Ohohoh I want one!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which? Mankini or Budgie Smugglers??
10-14-2010, 02:28 PM
(10-14-2010 07:29 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
Quote:Ohohoh I want one!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which? Mankini or Budgie Smugglers??

How bout some J.R.Watkins? And chocolateSmile