Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The cycling thread
11-27-2010, 10:27 AM
RE: The cycling thread
Man - that sounds like a blast Holly. Unfortunately, around here - winter is Bad Juju for cyclists. Something about 50 mph north winds and snow drifts that eat vehicles. I spend a great deal of time city riding on my mountain bike. Winter kills me...
Need a chaser? I am a qualified "booty grader" as well! =)~

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Heh:-) If you are ever out in Los Angeles, let me know and I will let you be my booty chaser, I mean grader ... whatever :-) I am so thankful for the weather here. We (Shifting Gears cycling group) went riding along the coast today. It did get cold, (for LA), but we had a great time (despite getting a flat). I need to buy those toe covers that go over the tips of your shoes - my toes were freezing!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-28-2010, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2010 10:26 AM by Detroit Dan.)
I am a triathlete (Swim, bike and run) In that order. This year I competed in (2) half Ironman's. It's a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and a 13.1 mile run. I am currently singed up for Ironman Lake Placid NY. (Sold OUT) Summer of 2011. It's double the above distance. (2.4 - 112 - 26.
I ride a Specialized road bike.
The winter here in Detroit is too bad for riding, but that won't stop me from training. I'll post a link to my torture chamber.

CLICK to see my torture chamber.

I eat, therefor I am.

2011 Ironman Lake Placid - Finisher
11-28-2010, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2010 10:33 AM by Holly.)
Wow. That is really amazing. I would like to try a mini-mini triathlon one of these days. I can swim (not fast) and bike (not fast), but I can't run more than about a 5K without collapsing. I am sure there is a proper way to run, but I have not yet figured it out!

Good for you! Show us a picture in tight clothes, STUD!!! Big Grin Front and back, LOL.

Holly

(11-28-2010 10:10 AM)Detroit Dan Wrote:  I am a triathlete (Swim, bike and run) In that order. This year I competed in (2) half Ironman's. It's a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and a 13.1 mile run. I am currently singed up for Ironman Lake Placid NY. (Sold OUT) Summer of 2011. It's double the above distance. (2.4 - 112 - 26.
The winter here in Detroit is too bad for riding, but that won't stop me from training. I'll post a link to my torture chamber.

Nice "torture" chamber. I have a similar setup :-)

Holly

(11-28-2010 10:10 AM)Detroit Dan Wrote:  I am a triathlete (Swim, bike and run) In that order. This year I competed in (2) half Ironman's. It's a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and a 13.1 mile run. I am currently singed up for Ironman Lake Placid NY. (Sold OUT) Summer of 2011. It's double the above distance. (2.4 - 112 - 26.

CLICK to see my torture chamber.
11-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Thank You.
OK. Here I am on my old bike during a sprint triathlon. You should try one of those.

Triathlon LINK.

I eat, therefor I am.

11-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Thank you! You look fabulous!!!
11-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Seems like Bubba's Forum might be bringing people together in ways I'd never imagined. Love it!

Must admit that when I asked Bubba if we might want to do this (ie forum) we both were concerned it would turn into a name-calling cluster fudge. I've been on other boards and it just gets so depressing to see how low and slow things get. I thought I might have to moderate like a mother-fudger and it would get so bad I'd shut 'er down. We were prepared and actually expected to do just that. As in so much of my contemporary life experience I have often found that the lowest of the low rises to the top. I reference "reality TV" in this instance. And anyone feels he or she can be nasty behind the anonymity of posting on line. No one has to be accountable.....Say that to my face is not an option.

Long-winded way of saying thank you all for having fun, treating each other with respect and most important of all ('cause I'm all about "ME") making it so much fun for me too. Cudos and Ciao.

B

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
11-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Can I be really....BOLD...here? I really do - just from my perspective alone - feel blessed and thankful we have this, and see so much POSITIVE stuff and interaction between us all thats so positive. You are most complimentary my dear B, and your thoughts are plenty positive for us all! Smile

But....I am curious. Tongue

What does Bubba 'really' think of this now that it has blossomed into something OTHER than what was expected? Not that he has to answer, but maybe just some insight as to what he thinks of our little "Bubba-Clan"? Is there maybe something we could be doing to make it even better?

Like I said - he doesn't really need to answer, but since its HIS to begin with, I'd be curious to know.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
11-28-2010, 03:00 PM
(11-28-2010 10:55 AM)Holly Wrote:  Thank you! You look fabulous!!!

Yeah, I know.Big Grin

I eat, therefor I am.

11-28-2010, 03:02 PM
I have been on a lot of boards, too, and seen them devolve into sludgefests. But that's part of the reason I post my real picture, name and contact info so people know I will be accountable for what I say - they can always find me off the boards to kick my butt in real life if I get out of line!

This is a very nice community, with lots of great info to share.

Love it!

Holly

(11-28-2010 02:09 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Seems like Bubba's Forum might be bringing people together in ways I'd never imagined. Love it!

Must admit that when I asked Bubba if we might want to do this (ie forum) we both were concerned it would turn into a name-calling cluster fudge. I've been on other boards and it just gets so depressing to see how low and slow things get. I thought I might have to moderate like a mother-fudger and it would get so bad I'd shut 'er down. We were prepared and actually expected to do just that. As in so much of my contemporary life experience I have often found that the lowest of the low rises to the top. I reference "reality TV" in this instance. And anyone feels he or she can be nasty behind the anonymity of posting on line. No one has to be accountable.....Say that to my face is not an option.

Long-winded way of saying thank you all for having fun, treating each other with respect and most important of all ('cause I'm all about "ME") making it so much fun for me too. Cudos and Ciao.

B