Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chicago!
05-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Chicago!
A bunch of us are planning on meeting up at Grace O'Malley's. It is located 1.36 miles from the venue, has a restaurant and bar with an extensive beer and wine menu. Prices are reasonable considering it is downtown Chicago.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2010, 08:14 AM
RE: Chicago!
I am going to the Chicago show alone, wondering if anyone will be sitting near me. I was having a helluva time getting decent seats for 2 or 4 tickets, so I tried 1 ticket and did well enough. No show partner, but I figure I'll be surrounded by Rush fans. Anyone sitting nearby? Also, what time at Grace O'Malleys? Maybe I'll drop in!

Locations: Section 207, Row A, Seats (6)
06-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Also - I have a friend who has a ticket available - $106, Section 207, Row P, Seat 26. He's a good guy, he'll be with his son and a neighbor. Let me know if you're interested.
07-03-2010, 08:02 AM
(06-25-2010 09:10 AM)Laffitupfzbl Wrote:  Also - I have a friend who has a ticket available - $106, Section 207, Row P, Seat 26. He's a good guy, he'll be with his son and a neighbor. Let me know if you're interested.

We got center section about 15 to 17th row depending on lettering. Did it on the musictoday presale too.
07-05-2010, 08:21 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!

TODAY!!!!!
07-06-2010, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2010 11:36 AM by Laffitupfzbl.)
Why, oh why, does this keep happening to me. I have to tell the story, no other way. So my ex husband is a huge Rush fan. So, my significant whatever and I are driving to the Moline Snakes and Arrows show, and I say "Gee, I hope we don't sit near my ex-husband." This was our third Rush concert together, so I don't know why it popped into my head. And he's like "There will be 12,000 people there...no way." So we get to Moline, pretty good seats on the floor. We're walking, walking, the usher is kindly ushering us to our seats. I see the back of my ex's head and think 'Please, oh please, let us be a few rows behind him. I really don't even want to be closer to the stage if it means having to walk by him.' Just then, the usher taps him on the shoulder and says "Excuse me sir, these folks need to get to their seats." *****DAMMIT*****

Yes, we sat TWO seats down from him and his new significant whatever.

So, last night at the Chicago show (I went alone) I was thinking about that and if it could happen again, and I said to myself "Nah! There'll be like 12,000 people here." So first I walk right by him and his posse in line. Not boding well so far. So we get inside, I pee, grab a drink, and start to look for my seat. Again, pretty decent and I'm surprised by the number of chairs I'm walking by to get to my seat. Then - WHAMMO! Ex husband posse dead ahead. CRAP! This time I was about 10 seats down, but same freaking row. HOW is this happening???

Ticketmaster, I demand a new feature on your web site. You can call it The Ex-Checker (HA!). Please?