Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sarnia
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Sarnia
Leaving Cowfart for Sarnia in 15 minutes. I wish the sun circled the planet in the other direction! I've been running like a luniac to get my shite together. First stop: Coffee. Timaaaaay!

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2010, 08:45 PM
RE: Sarnia
I finally had Tim Horton's coffee when I last visited Vancouver a couple months back. We chatted with our server at Steamworks, who graciously played us an 'all Canada' mix of music. It was sadly devoid of Voivod and Skinny Puppy, which is understandable, given the clientele, but chock full of other all-time favorites. He got us in 'the know' on Tim Horton's. He mentioned the 'double double' and explained what that was. My brother in law ordered that. I like mine au natural.
07-07-2010, 11:50 AM
What's in Sarnia? I barely remember driving through there on the 400/1/2(?!?) on my trip to Grimsby back in '05. But, sadly, the only thing that sticks in my head about that whole area is the wide open fields from the border until around Hamilton.
07-07-2010, 04:37 PM
(07-07-2010 11:50 AM)ForceTen Wrote:  What's in Sarnia? I barely remember driving through there on the 400/1/2(?!?) on my trip to Grimsby back in '05. But, sadly, the only thing that sticks in my head about that whole area is the wide open fields from the border until around Hamilton.
Sarnia was, and is, known for its petrochemical industry. The first oil discovered in Canada - and man, does this ever piss Albertans off - was found in a place called Petrolia, just southeast of Sarnia. Sarnia was picked as a refinery spot because of its access to the Great Lakes via the St Clair River.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
07-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I hope to be on the Manitoulin ferry the night before or the next morning before the Sarnia show. Still have no idea how the hell they're going go get me into the venue. But seriously???? Don't matter, I'm buzzed. I'm trying to remember the last time I worried about little stuff. SWEET!

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
07-08-2010, 04:09 AM
(07-07-2010 04:37 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  
(07-07-2010 11:50 AM)ForceTen Wrote:  What's in Sarnia? I barely remember driving through there on the 400/1/2(?!?) on my trip to Grimsby back in '05. But, sadly, the only thing that sticks in my head about that whole area is the wide open fields from the border until around Hamilton.
Sarnia was, and is, known for its petrochemical industry. The first oil discovered in Canada - and man, does this ever piss Albertans off - was found in a place called Petrolia, just southeast of Sarnia. Sarnia was picked as a refinery spot because of its access to the Great Lakes via the St Clair River.

Thanks. I had to look it up on the map and then remembered driving through it on the trip. Just seemed odd to have a big town out in the middle of nowhere for what seemed no reason.

(07-07-2010 11:00 PM)Brutus Wrote:  I hope to be on the Manitoulin ferry the night before or the next morning before the Sarnia show. Still have no idea how the hell they're going go get me into the venue. But seriously???? Don't matter, I'm buzzed. I'm trying to remember the last time I worried about little stuff. SWEET!

"I'm with the band" might work. Big Grin